GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great example of people helping out as up to 13 people lift a BMW car off of a man after the BMW and his bike collided and the bike burst into flames.

There's a video that comes up in the right hand side bar along with a portion of a news anchor talking.

Story

·
Registered
136 Posts
But what them

They were great to pull him out but afterwards they just abandoned him. How about taking some basic vitals, say is he breathing, does he have a pulse,
fortunately he did recover but someone should have stepped forward.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
They were great to pull him out but afterwards they just abandoned him. How about taking some basic vitals, say is he breathing, does he have a pulse,
fortunately he did recover but someone should have stepped forward.
Not to dwell on the mechanics, but the policeman ordered the rescuers away due to the fire. He was there and using his radio. At least on the video I saw.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
What a fantastic story!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I saw an interview with the rider on the news today. He looks like he is recovering quickly.

He said he laid the bike down when he realized he was going to hit the car.

I wonder if he intentionally fell down or locked one of his tires and fell down.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Little side note the woman in the video laying on the ground is the driver of the burning car

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
He didn't wear a helmet, jacket, or gloves and then 'laid the bike down to avoid the crash'.

I'm glad he's recovering, but it sounds like he needs to take an MSF class to learn basic safety, as well as the physics of motorcycles sliding on asphalt vs. proper braking until impact.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
He didn't wear a helmet, jacket, or gloves and then 'laid the bike down to avoid the crash'.

I'm glad he's recovering, but it sounds like he needs to take an MSF class to learn basic safety, as well as the physics of motorcycles sliding on asphalt vs. proper braking until impact.
:agree:

He dodged the big one. Hope he learns how to dodge better next time.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Guy was lucky...glad to see he is making a recovery...

The bystanders get an A+++ in my book...

The Police Officer gets an F--- in my book....

...he put the life of a human at risk for no reason...that was valuable time lost to stablize the patient....that officer needs risk assessment training......if the car/bike were to explode the patient would have been severly injured...the officer walking around him would have been injured...instead of walking around he should have moved the patient further from the scene and stablized the patient....sorry...but that officer should be relieved of duty...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Guy was lucky...glad to see he is making a recovery...

The bystanders get an A+++ in my book...

The Police Officer gets an F--- in my book....

...he put the life of a human at risk for no reason...that was valuable time lost to stablize the patient....that officer needs risk assessment training......if the car/bike were to explode the patient would have been severly injured...the officer walking around him would have been injured...instead of walking around he should have moved the patient further from the scene and stablized the patient....sorry...but that officer should be relieved of duty...
Hey, according to some here you are just another police basher. tsk tsk tsk. On this board you must hold police in high aye steam.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've seen this video many times and am still amazed at what these people did. You never know what will happen. Kudos to those folks.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Not to dwell on the mechanics, but the policeman ordered the rescuers away due to the fire. He was there and using his radio. At least on the video I saw.
Good Luck!
As long as the radio was analog (and definitely not Open Sky), the officer was probably able to summon help. :popcorn:

Was the guy in the suit (upper left corner) also the driver of the BMW?

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I would not give a plug nickel for this to happen in any
other state then the one it happened in.

In Utah Mormon's take care of each other at all cost at
all times.

I've rode every state in the U.S. every province in
Canada and Utah is my favorite state to ride in. BC.
is my favorite province to ride in. Part of what makes
Utah special to me is the Mormon people and how they
carry themselves in every day life. The roads and
scenery rock also" :thumbup:

Sad to say,but I just don't see anyone getting all the
help that young man got in any other state in the U.S.
as much as I'd like to think he would have. :cry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts