GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flip the calendar to December and invariably, the discussions will soon begin on the debauchery that takes place in Nye County, Nevada and the surrounding areas. My delay in posting this thread this year was as a result of needing to get excused from an assignment. That happened yesterday.

Now, typically I'd tell those that are looking at this as a possibility to research some of the older threads here on this forum; the indexes don't seem to point back too terribly far. Search my handle and Death Valley in the Advanced search and you'll learn more than you probably want to. :lol:

This is held 'ride-in' style - you make your own accommodations, rides are impromptu (but, we've done much the same rides now for the more than ten years I've been doing this) and have a wide variety of riding skill levels.

Speaking of accommodations, the two places that are most commonly used are the Stagecoach Hotel and the Motel 6. Most choose the luxurious Motel 6 - like I did just now; reservations are made!

Most get there Friday the 14th**, most leave on Monday the 17th. The weather? Hey, last year was rather exciting, if ya ask me. Some braved it from as far east as the Sunshine State in fact! So it can be done, and has been done periodically over the time this little gathering has occurred.

Discussions may now begin...

** Friday? Isn't that Valentines Day? Yes. This means you need to do something *prior* to this date before you'll be given permission to go play in the desert.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
The target date to reopen Scotty's Castle is the fall of 2021 due to the Oct. 2015 floods :crying:

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Weather dependent, I'm planning on attending Thursday-Sunday, leaving early morning on Sunday.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Motel 6 reservations made.

Arr Friday Dept Monday.

FWIW, A forecast of rain and my schedule and/or attendance will probably be variable.

·
IronMan
17,104 Posts
On the calandar . Hope to make again

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
The weather? Hey, last year was rather exciting, if ya ask me. Some braved it from as far east as the Sunshine State in fact! So it can be done, and has been done periodically over the time this little gathering has occurred.
"exciting" the snow was kinda purdy.
I am just wondering what the challenge will be next time.:shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
The target date to reopen Scotty's Castle is the fall of 2021 due to the Oct. 2015 floods :crying:

I see where this is just a walking tour of the grounds with a Ranger to witness some of the damage done but Scotty's Castle target date to open and tour the Castle will be sometime in the fall of 2021.
I've toured the Castle back in the 80's and was hoping that it would be open next Feb. to do another tour. Bummer!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I considered this ride in last year, but now much older and wiser, not even gonna consider it this year. LOL

·
IronMan
17,104 Posts
I considered this ride in last year, but now much older and wiser, not even gonna consider it this year. LOL
WONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING ! :surprise::serious::wink2:

·
IronMan
17,104 Posts
....said the guy from Palm Bay FLORIDA >:)
I SHOULD BE THERE !! AGAIN !! YOU GOING ? GOOD COUPLE WEEK TRIP . COLD HERE IN FLORIDA IN FEBUARY :wink2::laugh:

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I SHOULD BE THERE !! AGAIN !! YOU GOING ? GOOD COUPLE WEEK TRIP . COLD HERE IN FLORIDA IN FEBUARY :wink2::laugh:
What's the temp gonna get down to, like 60 degrees??:grin2:

·
15 year Member
6,754 Posts
Wow time goes by fast seems like yesterday I was having gastrointestinal problems from a diet of subway and Denny’s, with a side order of the world famous crowbar.... but **** I would and WILL do it all over again... room booked, liver primed......

maybe bates06 will make it out this year!!!!!

mattbcnv

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
WOW! You folk's on that side of the world, sure have alot of fun.....As I sit here with a foot and half of snow outside my window!!

(That's ok, I still have my snow skies!) used them yesterday up at Killington Vermont!

Ronnie

·
IronMan
17,104 Posts
What's the temp gonna get down to, like 60 degrees??:grin2:
YES GOT THE HEATED READY TO PLUG IN . BELOW 50 AND FLIP THE SWITCH ! OLD BONES DONT LIKE THE COLD :wink2:

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Joe, how much older & wiser can a person get in 1 year? :grin2: :joke:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Joe, how much older & wiser can a person get in 1 year? :grin2: :joke:
It's actually a rather simple algorithm. "Percent Smarter than Prior Year" = 1 / (Age X (Age X 2))

Some dispute the figures representing the Teenage Years. However what one must bear in mind is that this careful scientific calculation represents the actual as opposed to imagined increases in how smart someone is.

>:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 98 Posts