GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
IronMan
17,112 Posts
Looking at that last age category. I would also think Joe's statement questionable. >:)
I AGREE !! APPEARS THAT NOW WE "HAVE THE FACTS" HE DON'T KNOW MUCH !! PROCEED WITH CAUTION WITH HIS "ADVICE" !! :surprise: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Reservations booked at the 6.

Arriving on Friday the 14th.

Like every year looking forward to all of the shenanigans.?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Just thought I'd pass this along . . . as of today 12/27/2019 there's been a bit of weather here in the South West. Looks like even Death Valley is getting its share.

========== / / / / / ==========

Death Valley Road Conditions

CA-190: No restrictions
North Highway(CA-190 to Grapevine RS): light debris on road
Emigrant/Wildrose: Closed
Dantes View: Closed
Titus Canyon: Closed
West Side Road: Closed (muddy, plus Amargosa River is actively flowing across it)
Saline Valley South Pass: completely impassable, even to 4x4 high clearance with chains due to deep snow
Saline Valley North Pass: deep snow, but 4x4 vehicles are getting through. Extreme caution advised.

Cell tower at Furnace Creek working (but limited capacity).
Cell tower at Stovepipe Wells not working.

Stovepipe Wells Resort only able to accept cash due to telephone problem.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I-15 south from Las Vegas was closed for 13 hours due to snow, it's open now though.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
If this weather trend keeps up it may be a bit of a challenge getting to Beatty this February. I can hardly wait.:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I enjoyed meeting everyone last year and gave serious consideration to doing it again in 2020. However, the apples do not align. I signed up for a snowmobiling adventure in Yellowstone that week and a snow ski trip to Breckenridge the following week. None of which involves travel on the wing. If the good lord says the same and fresh apples can be procured, i would love to be back in 2021. Everyone ride safe and have fun!!!

·
IronMan
17,112 Posts
RESERVATIONS MADE :grin2:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
After 1 1/2 months of convalescing, I must say I am really looking forward to this rally. I'm so pumped that I am installing some extra performance enhancing parts to help me keep up with all of those old fifth dimension wings. The new part is called the Parking Brake Interlock. Without that parking brake on, I should have a lot better acceleration!!! Eat your hearts out boys!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I doubt that will be enough of a modification to make up the difference. :devilish:
After 1 1/2 months of convalescing, I must say I am really looking forward to this rally. I'm so pumped that I am installing some extra performance enhancing parts to help me keep up with all of those old fifth dimension wings. The new part is called the Parking Brake Interlock. Without that parking brake on, I should have a lot better acceleration!!! Eat your hearts out boys!

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I will not be attending this year. I'm going to save the vacation days for my Alaska trip.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I will not be attending this year. I'm going to save the vacation days for my Alaska trip.
We will be missing you AGAIN.:(

21 - 40 of 98 Posts