GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had previously posted that I will be there, but it seems to have gotten lost in the translation (unless it was a thinly veiled hint).

Room booked at Motel 6 - arriving on Friday the 14th.

jdg

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Is this in Beaty NV? If so, I was there 2 weeks ago. The weather was clear and 41 degrees with a constant 20mph wind. I would hate to have been on a bike.
Now there's no point in spoiling all the fun! In just a few weeks it'll almost certainly be cloudy, 28*F and snowing. I can't wait! The anticipation is becoming a real burden!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Yeah but the weather is much nicer in February.(y)?
Is this in Beaty NV? If so, I was there 2 weeks ago. The weather was clear and 41 degrees with a constant 20mph wind. I would hate to have been on a bike.
IMG_20190217_160634486_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Thanks for the offer. I just cancelled my DV plans. We’re headed to Mexico that weekend this year. I would of definitely did the 2 day ride each way.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
I had previously posted that I will be there, but it seems to have gotten lost in the translation (unless it was a thinly veiled hint).

Room booked at Motel 6 - arriving on Friday the 14th.

jdg
I hope your room isn't on the ground floor right next to the elevator that sounds like the building is coming down when it operates. :mad:

Reactions: Clamper

·
Registered
146 Posts
I hope your room isn't on the ground floor right next to the elevator that sounds like the building is coming down when it operates. :mad:
I specifically requested a room not next to the elevator this time. Last year I was upstairs next to it.

jdg

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
It doesn't take either one of us but one time to learn about that noisy elevator. (y)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Ah well . . . going to have to miss this one, this year. My better half and I look as though we may be relocating (near by). Being in the middle of escrow is probably not a good time to disappear for a few days. Please post lots of pictures of rain, snow and ice. Bleak cloudy dismal day photographs would also help. Tales of fun, excitement and frivolity should not to be related here!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Ah well . . . going to have to miss this one, this year. My better half and I look as though we may be relocating (near by). Being in the middle of escrow is probably not a good time to disappear for a few days. Please post lots of pictures of rain, snow and ice. Bleak cloudy dismal day photographs would also help. Tales of fun, excitement and frivolity should not to be related here!
I hope I don't have comply with your wishes on this one but here are a couple of pics from last year if it will help.
IMG_20190219_064422959.jpg
image_7024[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'll have to bail again this year. My planets never seem to line up for this. Can't have that weekend, but the good news is I get this one. Outta here for 4 days!

Have fun!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
An unplanned ride termination event happened over the weekend. Unfortunately, a couple of riders won't be making the pilgrimage to Nye County this year as a result.

No worries, I'm not one of them - I'm still goin' :cool:. I'll post a link to my blog page on this ride next week.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
An unplanned ride termination event happened over the weekend. Unfortunately, a couple of riders won't be making the pilgrimage to Nye County this year as a result.

No worries, I'm not one of them - I'm still goin' :cool:. I'll post a link to my blog page on this ride next week.
That's too bad. Seems like some of the participants are dropping out early this year for one reason or another.:(

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I'm going to be another one to bail - I'll be in Reno instead.

jdg
That's too bad. :( The weather is looking good so far out there. I know I will be hammered by rain in Lousyana but it is looking pretty good the rest of the way. Leaving in the morning at sun up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's too bad. :( The weather is looking good so far out there. I know I will be hammered by rain in Lousyana but it is looking pretty good the rest of the way. Leaving in the morning at sun up.
Have a safe ride.

Take lots of photos.

jdg

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
One time the place was booked except for the elevator room. They said they wouldn't rent it. I told them I wouldn't complain one bit. I was raised next to a railroad track and the train ran every hour or so every night. I got so used to it that I would never hear it. I heard the elevator the very first time it went up and I never heard it again.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts