GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Twas definitely fun riding with you all! I'm home safe. Ed and I stopped in Wickenburg for lunch while Ken continued on to Tucson. While we were there Arizona16 joined us and as we were getting ready to leave, Mike and Debbie stopped in for lunch also.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Hope everyone made it home safe. For those I didn't see before we left. It was fun as usual. Now we are back running the weather gauntlet. Should get into Lousyanna tomorrow so we are going to stop off and reseal our rain gear. LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, while you guys were doing all that, I was with another disreputable group of long distance riders thinking about joining in the festivities across the street, although after the libations in which most of the group indulged, we figured more could go wrong than we wanted to deal with.

We did, however, have breakfast the next morning at the famous Mustang Ranch Lounge.

What a way to spend Valentine's Day weekend.

jg

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
John, the Wild Horse does pretty good BBQ too.

Reno1.jpg Reno2.jpg Reno4.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Twas definitely fun riding with you all! I'm home safe. Ed and I stopped in Wickenburg for lunch while Ken continued on to Tucson. While we were there Arizona16 joined us and as we were getting ready to leave, Mike and Debbie stopped in for lunch also.
Defintely enjoyed the weekend rides and comaraderie. And meeting Arizona16 at lunch in Wickenburg on way home. Made it home safe.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
We are in east Texas looking at a sure steady rain across the entire width of Lousyanna or go south and get about 200 miles of light intermittent rain and then on and off light rain the rest of the way home. Oh yeah the southern route will be about 12 degrees warmer starting out. duh This is a real head scratcher.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Me and John made it home okay. We got out of Pensacola ahead of the rain this morning and got home dry or at least I did. John hasn't said. I wound up with 5700 and change miles and John did 6200 and change. It's a good trip anytime you make it back home in one piece. LOL Did enjoy the company and meeting new faces. Maybe see y'all again down the road.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mike (Solo Wing) this is what you were talking about. View attachment 365552 View attachment 365553
Thanks Lanny. How in the world could I miss those? For the troops riding DV ride, the get-off resulted in a ruptured quadriceps tendon. Surgically repaired 2/18. Hopefully 100% useful following rehab. Thanks to all who gathered around and protected me from myself during those uncomfortable moments right after the accident. That stuff wont be forgotten any time soon!

·
15 year Member
6,802 Posts
mike,

glad you retrieved yer wing and are on the mend.... a get off at any speed can be a bummer... glad you made it home safe and sound...

mattbcnv

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Let's see...I've been home for a week now...

- Bike has not moved one inch since I arrived home.

- Whatever this illness is, my wife had it much worse. I think I'm about 90% over it, she's probably at 60%. I lost about six pounds over the last week or two.

- I need to update my blog, since I just dropped that and took care of myself - and my wife.

- I have absolutely no idea why my tracking dropped out on the way home. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything that would have disturbed the tracking app on my phone. We were close to the AF base, though when it did stop. Could there have been something that interfered with the GPS receiver on my phone?

Same time next year...

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ken. Hope you and the better half get back to %100 soon. BTW you didn't happen to have any contact with somebody from China on the way home did ya? :devilish:

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Sorry to hear that Ken. Hope you and the better half get back to %100 soon. BTW you didn't happen to have any contact with somebody from China on the way home did ya? :devilish:
Nope...nor did I (that I know of...) on the way up to Beatty.

My blog has been updated on this ride - finally got around to it today. ?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts