GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 1500 and he is looking to add an aux music source to his audio system. Can anyone tell me if the 1500 has an available aux port where an Ipod or MP3 player could be plugged in? If so, where is it located?
Thanks for your response...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Best way is to have Kennedy modify the radio ($120) to add an aux audio input, then use it with an Ipod.

2nd best is to use a cassette adaptor, and an Ipod.

[see correction post below]

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alex. Jon at Kennedy has already contacted the owner and explained to him the process for doing his radio modification. I don't believe Kennedy is doing this mod anymore but did offer a couple of guys that would do it for him if he wanted to send the radio out. No quote on cost though.

I agree with you that using the cassette adapter is a much more logical solution.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had a 96 Interstate I bought used .It had an aux in, just like the 1800 and it plugged in to the wire harness the same way. (under the left pocket, red 3 wire connector) It was on the bike when I bought it so I don't know were they got it, but I would have a look and see if you can find the plug and try an 1800 input ( my radio had an aux setting on the radio ) hope this helps

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks Alex. Jon at Kennedy has already contacted the owner and explained to him the process for doing his radio modification. I don't believe Kennedy is doing this mod anymore but did offer a couple of guys that would do it for him if he wanted to send the radio out. No quote on cost though.

I agree with you that using the cassette adapter is a much more logical solution.
Thanks for the help.
> My mistake, I ment Sierra Electronics, not Kennedy. Sierra quoted me the modification as $117

mailto:[email protected]
Sierra Electronics
2080 Experiment Farm Rd
Troy, OH 45373
www.sierra-mc.com
1-800-338-6938 toll free orders
1-937-335-8939 technical assistance
1-937-339-6671 fax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts