GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to help a friend that is traveling. His 1500 quit while he was going down the highway. They have cleaned battery terminals, checked battery 12.7 V, switched relays, checked fuses and main link. Starter will spend engine if jumpered, but won't work by button. They can hear a relay clicking when starter button is pushed but the start does not engauge. I had a 1500 but never had this problem. I think by 1500 would still turn over even if the kill switch was turned. What keeps the starter from turning over the engine? Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had similar problem with my 1500. There is a fuse behind the battery, facing the battery its to the left, its in a soft black plastic cover, not obvious. With this fuse blown starter will not work.:coffee1:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Did the reverse lever get bumped?

Just for cause make sure the lever is all the way up and bump the starter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think they found problem

They have got it down to the kill switch and are checking it out as I type. Thanks to all that took the time to help. It is nice to have a place to go for ideas and help. Thanks again!
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts