GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all . hey my father in law has a 88 1500 goldwing and we were wondering what it might cost to convert it into a trike. does anybody have any knowledge of this thanks terry

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Not sure of the price for an old 1500. for an 1800 it runs from close to $10K on up.

I would really think hard about spending that kind of money on an 88', no matter how much you love the thing.

Bulldog

·
Registered
191 Posts
You'll spend about $7,000 and up for a kit for the 1500, depends on the brand and options. Remember, you only get what you pay for. I had an '89 with a popular, cheap brand kit and it actually fell apart while I was riding it! This website lists about 12 different manufacturers of kits, most include prices http://www.redmondtrikes.com/index.html /

.. Sue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Voyager Trike

Have any of you looked at a voyager trike?

I like the idea where I can take the training wheels off when I want. I prefer 2 wheels in the city. But on long trips the extra wheels would be nice for towing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When the Voyager first came out I saw a lot of them at rallies. I saw very few last year and less this year. I have read a lot on boards about the problems they are having with them that some are solving by welding in extra pieces for support. Personally, I'd go with a regular trike if you want to do any long distant riding on the interstates or at high speeds.

.. Sue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts