GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbup: It's finally here. Tomorrow my wife and I leave on a nice long bike trip. Headed out of Houston up to Kentuckey than over to Tenn. to ride the dragon and do 1 day at Wing Ding to enter the light show.

The rest of the trip will depend on the weather. If its nice we will head toward up state New York than over to Maine than ride the East coast all the way down to Florida. But who knows if its bad there we may end up at Mount Rushmore.

This will be a trip that we will just turn right or left depending on what we feel like at the time. If anyone has something you think is a must see please add it to this tread.

Ill try to post some pictures as we go. We are hoping to have another amazing trip with memories for a lifetime.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Sounds like a very cool trip, Kurt.....You riding two up on the 1800? Pulling a trailer? I'm planning a two trip to Maggie Valley NC on or about Juy 8. Bit of a challenge for me and the passenger......The first out for a 'long' two up ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a very cool trip, Kurt.....You riding two up on the 1800? Pulling a trailer? I'm planning a two trip to Maggie Valley NC on or about Juy 8. Bit of a challenge for me and the passenger......The first out for a 'long' two up ride. :thumbup:
Yes we will be 2 up on the 1800 with the trailer. Its easier than having her drive her own bike. Look for the yellow and chrome wing out on the road Ill be on channel 1.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Be careful Kurt..MT Rushmore and that area in my opinion is a must see. Needles Hwy and Iron Mountain Rd there in Custer Stae Park is great!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Hot dayum, Kirt~~I had some trepidation about this trip, but totally inspired by your journey. I will keep the 'sharp eye' out for the yellow and chrome scooter, two folks, and a trailer.

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Take you two care and be safe.

Hope you enjoy New England. If you get the chance to visit Newport, RI call or pm me, I can hook you up'

Fred

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take you two care and be safe.

Hope you enjoy New England. If you get the chance to visit Newport, RI call or pm me, I can hook you up'

Fred
Fred, Be careful what you ask for we might just look you up. LOL

·
Registered
189 Posts
Since you're heading out of Houston.....you might try going east to Natchez, MS and taking the Natchez Trace Parkway north up to Nashville. It's a slow ride, but also a fairly scenic one. From Nashville, then it's a short day's ride to Deal's Gap. Then you pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway north to Skyline Drive to Front Royal, VA. All slow, and sometimes boring riding, but scenic.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
:thumbup: It's finally here. Tomorrow my wife and I leave on a nice long bike trip. Headed out of Houston up to Kentuckey than over to Tenn. to ride the dragon and do 1 day at Wing Ding to enter the light show.

The rest of the trip will depend on the weather. If its nice we will head toward up state New York than over to Maine than ride the East coast all the way down to Florida. But who knows if its bad there we may end up at Mount Rushmore.

This will be a trip that we will just turn right or left depending on what we feel like at the time. If anyone has something you think is a must see please add it to this tread.

Ill try to post some pictures as we go. We are hoping to have another amazing trip with memories for a lifetime.
Have a wonderful trip Kurt! Sounds like you have a good one planned. :yes1: I too will be heading out in the morning at 0 dark thirty on an epic bike adventure. I'm going out to Washington and Oregon for a couple of weeks of touring then back home to NJ by some yet undetermined circuitous route. ;) I'll be out six to eight weeks and will have done close to 8,000 miles by the time I get back.

Enjoy and be safe!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Fred, Be careful what you ask for we might just look you up. LOL
I too live only 10 miles north of Newport RI and I would join you guys if I'm not at work . Also know some good place for seafood at a good price.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Bikerbillone,
We just got back from a week in Maggie Valley.
Be sure to stop at the "Wheels through Time" Cycle and Car museum in Maggie Valley.
The Best Western is a great motel there too.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the input guys. once we have a time frame for your area ill send you a pm. like a little kid at x-mas can't wait till tomorrow am.

Oil changed, rear end oil done, new pair of shoes. Ready for the road.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just back from a 9300 mile coast to coast 26 State ride with my bride of 44 yrs. It was her first trip and she did just fine. Hope you enjoy as much as we did

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yes, safe journey and return home. Enjoy.
My Bride and me are going to do a 21 dayer out west and it's gonna be her first long trip on the ol' steed and first time seeing the Glacier and Yellowstone parks.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
That's the way to do a ride, go where the whim takes you. We did that in KY a few years ago and had a great trip.

We enjoyed the Maker's Mark distillery tour. Getting there was a good ride too.
http://www.makersmark.com/DistilleryTour.aspx

Talbort Tavern in Bardstown, I believe, was a fun place to eat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts