GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using a 16g memory stick in the usb port of a 2012. I picked my new bike up on Monday, put a 16g stick full of music in the usb port, songs play but stop for a few seconds several times during the song. The memory stick plays fine in my car. Just wondering if 16g is too large for the radio, or maybe my radio is bad.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm using a 32 Gig on mine and I've not noticed any problems with it. It is a little over half full.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can either of you tell me if a cable is needed to plug in the memory stick? I'm planning on taking one with me to p/u the bike and don't want to run around trying to find things.
Thanks.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Can either of you tell me if a cable is needed to plug in the memory stick? I'm planning on taking one with me to p/u the bike and don't want to run around trying to find things.
Thanks.
The connection for the USB stick is in the trunk attached to the audio unit cover you need nothing other than your USB stick

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Pedro

Does the 2010 Level 3 Wing have that USB connection in the trunk???

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
You know I am not sure 100% but I cannot find it listed as an option so I think it is included all models have premium audio the only options seem to be just Navigation and XM

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't know about your thumb drive, but SD cards have a number that indicates the transfer rate. A 10 indicates it can transfer 10 mbytes per second, a 4 indicates 4 mbytes, etc. You probably need one with a faster transfer rate.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You can buy a 4 Gig memory stick for $7 or 8 Gig for $15.

Load one up the your favorites and give it a try.

I doubt speed is a problem, as music is a low frequency application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts