GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 05 Goldwing labor day last year and put 17,775 miles the first year. The most fun you can have with your clothes on. Most of those miles are two up and lately I have been pulling a trailer. Pulled the trailer to over 90 last weekend with no problem. The Harvey Ferguson riders I travel with cant believe I ride as much as I do. I have offered to let them ride the GW, but they are afraid thay will love it too much. Some wont ride that many miles in 5 years. I can stay neck and neck with an HD two up pulling a trailer.

Headed to Alaska next summer. Got the green-light from the wife and the boss to take a month off. Working lots of OT now to prepare.

Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Jay,

I have put just at 15K on Trike from March. I picked it up on Dec. 13, 05. I have passed HD's and Cursers on hills at 65 MPH with feet on pegs and arms folded. Loaded a lot heaver than them. Showing off with the Cruse Control. They are always complaining about their numb wrist and hands.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Picked mine up from Coyotee Honda in Phoenix the last of April. I'm showing 17,200 now. Did the Alaska trip this summer lotsa fun. :D

Great bike, the only problem is the 05 103ci Road King (19,500 miles in one year) stays in the garage all the time now.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ridin'

I picked up my 06 level 4 on July 10th, have 5600+ miles on it now, and loving it. Came from a HD Road King, thought I'd never ride anything but HD. I pull a pop-up MC trailer, and two up, cruise holds a steady 75 up I-70 through the Eisenhour Tunnel, a 7% grade without losing 1 mph. I'm sold!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: Ridin'

goldie hawn-da said:
Came from a HD Road King, thought I'd never ride anything but HD

Ditto - We are going to Ruidoso for a rally this weekend with all our Harley friends. My wife is riding her 06 Heritage and is a little ticked off I'm not riding the Road King.

Dave

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got my 05 the weekend before Katrina - turned 34,600 on the way home from work tonight. My first wing and can't see ever a reason to change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought mine to commute. No research, only the dream of having a 'Wing. Put 4k on it in 6 weeks. She's at 60k now with lot's of life left. BTW, thanks everyone for the great advice. I'm learning new things every time I sign on. I had no idea how many different things I should have researched before buying. You all post info that just makes me say "HUH?". On a positive note, I havent even come close to laying her down. The bike is remarkably agile for it's weight and size. I however, am not that agile or quick.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Jay Hoover said:
Picked up my 05 Goldwing labor day last year and put 17,775 miles the first year. The most fun you can have with your clothes on. Most of those miles are two up and lately I have been pulling a trailer. Pulled the trailer to over 90 last weekend with no problem. The Harvey Ferguson riders I travel with cant believe I ride as much as I do. I have offered to let them ride the GW, but they are afraid thay will love it too much. Some wont ride that many miles in 5 years. I can stay neck and neck with an HD two up pulling a trailer.

Headed to Alaska next summer. Got the green-light from the wife and the boss to take a month off. Working lots of OT now to prepare.

Have fun and be safe.
Jay,
I bought my Harley Ultra 10/05/00 and by the time I bought y '02 Wing in about 06/02 I had logged over 40,000 miles on the Ultra and loved every mile. During the Harley miles I rode a couple of Wings (1500s and one 1800) and didn't like them. After I bought the 1800 I decided that they just rode so much different that it took some getting used to to like the Wing.

I have since decided that going from the Ultra to the Wing was something like getting out of a six-cylinder pickup truck with manual steering and brakes and getting into a new sports car. The Ultra currently has a little over 43,000 miles on the clock. :wink:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Wow ! You folks really know how to rack up the (S)miles. Is it because I only live 12 miles from work ? I ride almost every day, 8 months a year or so. I got mine in April 05, and am working on almost 11K miles currently. Because I was sent to Minot North Dakota, by the time I get back to ChicagoLand next week, I'll have put another 2K on it.

Either way, when I retire, I hope to put as many miles on the Wing as you guys do. Way2Go !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts