GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just woke up from my nap to recharge the old batteries.
I had the most wonderful 7 hours 170 mile ride I've ever had . Rode from Redwood City (1/2 way between SF and San Jose) to Livermore and then took the back route through Anderson Valley to Mt.Hamilton and the Lick observatory,then down to San Jose and back to the mountains on the west side of the peninsula to Skyline Blvd, then home.

What makes this whole story so neat is that the longest really straight stretch on the back side of Mt. Hamilton is less than 100 yards. This route is a "TWISTY HEAVEN" Plus spring weather around 70 by noon made it the BEST.

I'm not rubbing in that it's decent weather here and other places are still in the grip of winter, it's just my face got sore from the smile I had on and my teeth got some bug stains .

Don't worry fellow Wingers good riding is just a few short days away.

Buck Yellow Wing

:lol: 8) :yw1:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Good ride Buck...I could not ride today because we have all the Calif rain here today :roll: ...but this weekend is going to be in the 80"s and the wife and I are going on a lunch run east of Wickenburg....check'n the tires...check'n the oil...check'n the water and away we go :D

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
That's a great trip and glad it was good for you.

I am constantly reminded how really blessed we are here in Northern California to have some of the truly finest motorcycle roads in the world. There are literally hundreds of them and remarkably most of the time there is light to in some cases almost no traffic on them. These roads are perfect for the 1800 with lots of twists and turns, plus the scenery can be almost breath-taking.

In the last 3 weeks I've had some fantastic rides up Hwy 1 and over Skaggs Spring Road, Up Hwy 1 and over Hwy 36, up the Feather River Canyon then up to Lake Almanor then across Hwy 36, some hidden surprises up and around Plymouth and in the Gold Country like Cedar Ridge Road, Mountain Ranch Road, etc., etc. The list goes on and on and on.

DaleC

P.S. Okay in the same three weeks, I also squeezed in a Bun Burner 1500 in so took in some of the Tehachipi Pass, Nevada and Arizona too. So many roads and so little time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts