GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some info. There is slightly less than a 1/4" on diameter from the stock..Also only 8 rpms difference per mile. However, I'm not sure we are comparing Apples with Apples being one is a MT. The key dimension would be the distance of the displaced contact patch to the center of the wheel on both tires. That would be an actual comparison. Cheers...
__________Stock______Holy Grail
__________180/60/16__175/60/16__Difference
Sidewall Height ....4.25_______ 4.13_______-012
Section Width ......7.09 _______6.89_______-0.2
Overall Diameter 24.5________24.27______-0.23
Circunference ......76.98_______76.24______-0.74
Rev/Mile............... 823.06______831.07_____ 8.01

If your Speed is 65mph you are doing 64.37mph

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
If you're after something to correct your speedo or a tire that is the same size as stock, this is NOT your tire.

It will, however, remind you of a motto tire when you toss it into a corner.

Comparison pictures on another thread called: comparison w/pics.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done some serious searching for a 65 aspect ratio to no avail. The Vanco 2 175/75 does not appear to available in the USA. Also the difference is about 1.8" larger on dia. I think there may be an issue on clearance. Seems the 175mm Dunlop WS is the best deal we have presently...I'm having fun with mine. Cheers...:doorag:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're after something to correct your speedo or a tire that is the same size as stock, this is NOT your tire.

It will, however, remind you of a motto tire when you toss it into a corner.

Comparison pictures on another thread called: comparison w/pics.
Ditto on that.. Cheers...:doorag:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done some serious searching for a 65 aspect ratio to no avail. The Vanco 2 175/75 does not appear to available in the USA. Also the difference is about 1.8" larger on dia. I think there may be an issue on clearance. Seems the 175mm Dunlop WS is the best deal we have presently...I'm having fun with mine. Cheers...:doorag:
I wrote Continental tire re the Vanco2 175/75/16 and got this reply... Cheers...:doorag:

[Web Inquiry: 090309-000022]

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no longer a tire made by Continental Tire in this fitment. You may have to consult with the vehicle manufacturer for an approved alternate fitment or also check with the online tire resource Tire Rack: www.tirerack.com.

Sincerely,

Continental Tire North America, Inc.
Customer Relations

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
How did KA7W get his Vanco then?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts