GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting PMs asking about where to get these smaller CTs. Since I have a tire guy that has no problem getting them, I'll throw myself on the fire again.;) If you want one, I'll get it for you and ship it to you.

It's my understanding they retail for over 200 bucks but my guy is giving me a deal because I told him I would be buying a few. Already shipped eight of them.

Here the deal: 200 dollars shipped to your door. Would prefer certified funds, like a money order, bank check, bank money order, etc but a personal check is fine too.

It usually takes 3 business days to get it and I'll ship within a couple days after picking it up, via 3-day ground.

Just PM me the address where you want it to go. When funds are received, I'll order.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Are these run flats?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
216 Posts
Since I just got one from ya, the nubs are not quite worn off yet. If youre still doing it next year :lol:, Ill give ya buzzzz.

Thanks again. :yes1:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
192 Posts
How much will this affect speedo (I have no GPS), and will it rub the swing arm?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Forgive me for asking it was probably mentioned before, but what is the weight rating on that tire?

TIA

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much will this affect speedo (I have no GPS), and will it rub the swing arm?
It will probably make your stock speedo show 1-2 mph higher than you're actually going.

S

·
0 Posts
I had a 195x55 on mine for a while and it made the speedo off by 8 mph at 70

I would assume about the same with the 175x60 - about 10% error.
A 205x60 gets it perfect but you have to extend the centerstand and kick stand 1/2" to compensate for the height.

This tire just touches the front right corner of the swing arm for the first 300 miles or so then it's fine.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I had a 195x55 on mine for a while and it made the speedo off by 8 mph at 70 ...
??
I have different results with 195x55...
With the original MT, the speedo was off by 3-4 mph at 70
... now, with the 195x55 Dunlop WinterSport car tire,
the speedo is only off by 2-3 mph at 70.

Dennis

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts
My stock MT and the 195/55 CT both showed 5 mph fast. At 70 mph on speedo, the GPS shows 65 mph :roll: !

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It will probably make your stock speedo show 1-2 mph higher than you're actually going.
I need to correct this. I meant to say 1-2 mph faster than what the speedo shows now. In other words: if you're off by 4 now, you might be 5-6 off afterward.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts