GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traxxion has an extensive/expensive kit that turns a tour model into a “bagger.”
Has anyone tried this ? Looks like the bagger kit is an expensive redo to arrive at the standard GW model.
Thoughts ?
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
A tour has more add-ons than just the trunk...

If you don't want them, it's an expensive way to get to a bagger.
If you do want them, it's the only way to get them on a bagger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Tim...just wanted to point out...

That Traxxion kit does more than turn the bike into a bagger. It is a quick change set up that allows you to remove the trunk and reinstall in very little time. Yes, the bike becomes a bagger if you add the Honda color parts to match your bike and fill the area behind the seat.

Overall, very worthwhile to me. I've had tour/bagger change many times. So, you retain the extras from the Tour model, and can have the bagger look when you want/need. And, go back to the Tour all very easily.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Tim...just wanted to point out...

That Traxxion kit does more than turn the bike into a bagger. It is a quick change set up that allows you to remove the trunk and reinstall in very little time. Yes, the bike becomes a bagger if you add the Honda color parts to match your bike and fill the area behind the seat.

Overall, very worthwhile to me. I've had tour/bagger change many times. So, you retain the extras from the Tour model, and can have the bagger look when you want/need. And, go back to the Tour all very easily.
Agreed. I did mine and have switched it back and forth several times. The Traxxion kit makes this easy. Honda makes a kit that is fine if you don't want to put the trunk back on without spending a day doing so. I chose to modify the subframe myself and found it to be fairly easy. If you go this route, measure the holes on your bike before drilling. Mine were different than what Traxxion's video shows. There are other posts here with details of this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback.
Mention is made of the tour having a lot more add ons than the standard GW.
Could you advise what these are ?Much appreciated.
Tim
ones
A tour has more add-ons than just the trunk...

If you don't want them, it's an expensive way to get to a bagger.
If you do want them, it's the only way to get them on a bagger.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
https://powersports.honda.com/goldwing/2019/index.html

Main issue to me is walking gear and reverse missing on the standard 6 speed model. On the DCT Standard you will get that feature. The Tour provides it to all platforms. The electronic suspension is a waste, Id invest in Traxxion shocks and get the Standard and add a Trunk. I like the black styling more than I desire the electronic suspension. But too late for me

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Readout of tire pressures on dash (all models have the tpms, only tours have the pressure readouts)
Electric vs manual suspension adjustment
Height of windscreen
Greater range of windscreen electric movement on tour
Heated seats on tour models (all have heated grips)
Centrestand on tour
'Honda selectable torque control' - tour only

If M6 transmission - only tour has reverse if US model. (Canadian model has reverse)
IF DCT all versions have walking mode forward and reverse

Owners manual is downloadable from Honda's website. Same book for all versions, so features and differences can also be found there.

Honda also has a conversion kit available through accessories, but does not offer a quick-change version.
AFAIK, only Traxion has a 'quick-change' conversion option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts