GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my trunk and added a backrest for my wife. Didn't go over well since she insists on having the trunk to lean on. And that's after riding only 10 miles! So I've reinstalled the trunk and have the red color kit, trunk removal kit and the backrest for sale as a set. Here are the part#s included:

Backrest 08R70-MKC-A10 retails for $349.95
Red Color Kit 08F88-MKC-A00ZB retails for $399.00
Trunk Removal Kit 08F71-MKC-A00 retails for $149.95

I paid a total of $700 for the three items from discount sites. Please make me a reasonable offer and I'll ship it to you for free within the US.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Marc,

I'm curious. How much work/how long did it take you to remove the tour pack and install the replacement parts?

EDIT: I just found the PDF instructions for the trunk swap. Holy schmoly. Honda estimate is 3-4 hour task.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marc,

I'm curious. How much work/how long did it take you to remove the tour pack and install the replacement parts?
It took about 3 hrs to remove the trunk going slow, following the excellent instructions and marking everything, etc. It took about 1.5 hr to put it back together again since I knew where everything went. Its not difficult to do and everything is easy to get at.

Marc

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm glad to hear that. I prefer the trunkless look but need the seat for SWMBO. I have a blue bike, otherwise I'd buy your kit from you, sorry.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
I removed my trunk and added a backrest for my wife. Didn't go over well since she insists on having the trunk to lean on. And that's after riding only 10 miles! So I've reinstalled the trunk and have the red color kit, trunk removal kit and the backrest for sale as a set. Here are the part#s included:

Backrest 08R70-MKC-A10 retails for $349.95
Red Color Kit 08F88-MKC-A00ZB retails for $399.00
Trunk Removal Kit 08F71-MKC-A00 retails for $149.95

I paid a total of $700 for the three items from discount sites. Please make me a reasonable offer and I'll ship it to you for free within the US.

Thanks,
Marc

Good luck with the sale.
I personally could not live without the trunk.>:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.