GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have two of these, new, laying in my basement. They were extras for my Valk and 1800R VTX. I am about ready for a new rear on my '08 Goldwing. Any probs with using these for replacement? Hate to buy new if I don't have to.

Mike

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
As long as they are fresh, not over 3-5 years depending on who you ask. A lot of us run 70 series tires. Your speedo will correct some. Min went to dead on so check it out. Don't want you ending up with a prize from the local police.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Thats what I have and LOVE it. I have 2 squirelled away myself.

It will change the handling of the bike, making it more sensitive to steering inputs. That is actually one of the reasons I like it so much.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
So far as I know; that is the absolute best 70 rear tire for the GL1800.

prs

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
ditto Pigeon,

I do not think you should use those 70s on your bike...you should send them to me.

DOUBLE CHECKING: Is it true they don't make the 70 Venom anymore?:cus: if yes....

Pigeon,
...tried the 70 Cobra yet?...is it higher than the Venom?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
ditto Pigeon,

I do not think you should use those 70s on your bike...you should send them to me.

DOUBLE CHECKING: Is it true they don't make the 70 Venom anymore?:cus: if yes....

Pigeon,
...tried the 70 Cobra yet?...is it higher than the Venom?
No; I have not tried the 70 rear Cobra and probably will not unless other folks prove it to be sea worthy for our bike, the early reports were pretty discouraging. Plus, I am really taken with the 60 version.

prs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts