GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Yes I do and I love 'em. They direct exhaust residue down and away from the back of the bike, (bags, trunk, etc) and they look neat.

Shop around, watch eBay, etc. Prices vary a lot. They all seem to be pretty good quality.

Comments from others? :chat:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have the Add-On brand and they do keep the back of the bike cleaner as well as the front of my trailer. No problem with fit or quality.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Yep

Yep...like my Big Bike Turndowns. Look nice and set off the rear of the bike. Had them for over a year now (20k+miles) and holding up well.

·
Registered
759 Posts
ditto ditto ditto.....especially helps in keeping the rear end cleaner from exhaust soot. Huge improvement over stock pipe ends as far as keeping the bike cleaner.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Put the Big Bike on mine about a month ago. Got these because they turn down a bit more than the others. Look great!!!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'd have to go with GL03 on this one. Most of the time it's nothing more than personal taste, but for me the aftermarkets were a little too long and turned down a little more also. As I felt both were grossly over priced I opted for the Hondaline. If these things were for a car they would cost about $40, and the Hondalines are $60 more than the aftermarkets, but based simply on a personal preference I would still go with Honda's.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Turns Down's & would you believe....

I have been thinking about getting turndowns. One little surprising discovery may be an issue if they turn down too much. It all started by noticing that the chrome shield on the right muffler had a spot weld break and was sticking out just a little on top. I wanted to get a better look at where the weld was, so I started to remove the end on that side. The surprising discovery was finding a new lean angle contact point. The outer bolts on both end pieces were ground down just enough to prevent a #10 socket from going on. I had to carefully file down the flats a little and tap on a socket. I am really starting to wish I had another 1/4 inch rise on each wheel. Oh yea, I ride on 25 so there is nothing else to gain there…….

1 - 12 of 12 Posts