GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • PROTECT YOURSELF AND BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS! Please read the stickies at the top of the forum before engaging in Buy/Sell activities.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1800 low-wing for sale

Tags
lower
2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rocket1lf 
#1 ·
1" lowering link manufactured by Lower Wing Products. Made in USA. This kit will lower your 1800 by 1 inch. Sells for $385 + shipping on line at www.lowerwingproducts.com This is slightly used, about a month total time and estimated 500 miles. See mfg website for product info and details.
Selling for $200 shipping included in lower 48 states only. All instructions and piece that adjusts the sidestand are included. PM me if interested!

#3 ·
Could you please comment on how well this product works and if it accomplished the desired effect without any adverse results? I reviewed the manufacturers website and would like your some feedback to their claims of: "increasing the handling capabilities for the shorter rider". I'm curious if and under what riding conditions you found that this component increased the handling....

Also their website has a disclaimer which seems contradictory to their claim above:"THE LOWERING BRACKET WAS DESIGNED TO INCREASE THE HANDLING CAPABILITIES FOR THE SHORTER RIDER. HOWEVER, CORNER CAPABILITIES ARE SLIGHTLY REDUCED WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT. LOWER WING PRODUCTS, LLC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THIS MODIFACATION, AND FROM NEGLIGENCE, NEGLIGENT RIDING WITH OUR PRODUCT INSTALLED, OR THE INPROPER INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES."

How did you find that this product increased handling but at the same time reduce cornering capabilities?
Thank you for your response...
J

#4 ·
If you had really short legs and not much experience the lowering link would make your wing easier to handle. There are folks that cannot operate a wing confidently without them getting their feet "planted" on the ground.

#5 ·
Could you please comment on how well this product works and if it accomplished the desired effect without any adverse results? I reviewed the manufacturers website and would like your some feedback to their claims of: "increasing the handling capabilities for the shorter rider". I'm curious if and under what riding conditions you found that this component increased the handling....

Also their website has a disclaimer which seems contradictory to their claim above:"THE LOWERING BRACKET WAS DESIGNED TO INCREASE THE HANDLING CAPABILITIES FOR THE SHORTER RIDER. HOWEVER, CORNER CAPABILITIES ARE SLIGHTLY REDUCED WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT. LOWER WING PRODUCTS, LLC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THIS MODIFACATION, AND FROM NEGLIGENCE, NEGLIGENT RIDING WITH OUR PRODUCT INSTALLED, OR THE INPROPER INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES."

How did you find that this product increased handling but at the same time reduce cornering capabilities?
J
The short answer is confidence is increased by being able to flat foot the bike. Because the bike is lower by an inch the center of gravity is lower I guess and thus easier to make turns. Slow speed parking lot as well as the twisters!

On the other hand, because the bike is lower it does not have as much lean angle BUT that generally does not matter for MOST Wing riders. The bike is able to lean much further than most riders have the "nerve". OR the bike handles better than the operator thinks it can!

At least that is my thoughts on the subject... ;-)

#6 ·
The short answer is confidence is increased by being able to flat foot the bike. Because the bike is lower by an inch the center of gravity is lower I guess and thus easier to make turns. Slow speed parking lot as well as the twisters!

On the other hand, because the bike is lower it does not have as much lean angle BUT that generally does not matter for MOST Wing riders. The bike is able to lean much further than most riders have the "nerve". OR the bike handles better than the operator thinks it can!

At least that is my thoughts on the subject... ;-)
Thanks for your thoughts.

#7 ·
When you lay it over not so far to pick up ;)

#8 ·

J
I had one on my wing and liked it. It doesn't take that much out of the lean angle in corners unless you're very aggressive. The only thing you have to remember is to lower the front triple clamps. The directions are on their website. You also will not have as much lean angle with the kickstand down. I had a modified one to keep the correct lean angle and it will be a bear to get it up on the center stand. There are two ways to remedy this. You can either drive the rear wheel up on a piece of board or purchase a modified center stand, which is on the website. I had the modified center stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.