GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know right off hand what size and pitch the threads are inside the lugnuts for the 1800? I need to get some today and don't have any info on them. All I recall was they utilize a 19mm socket for removal. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kandgo said:
I looked in everything I have at the shop and I cannot find any info on the pitch of threads. It would be nice to know I guess if a guy got into a pinch and needed to find some auto ones to get by with. Anyone know the answer?? Goodluck,,Rick
Well Rick I figured it out just by guessing from memory. It takes 12mm X 1.50 pitch acorn lug nuts. Can be purchased at most any tire shop where they mount custom wheels. They have a long and short version. Either will work but short is similar to stock and takes the same 19mm socket for removal.

I had such a hard time getting my stock lugs off even with an air impact rated at 380 ft/lbs torque using 175psi air pressure. Waaaaay too tight. Finally got three of the five and had to use a very long cheater bar to break the last two loose.

The main reason I wanted to know what size they were so quick was I wanted to pick some up on my way home today so I could put my new wheel and tire back on tonight. The original lug nuts were kind of distorted from all that beating they took coming off. 80 ft/lbs is one thing torqueing them on but the force it took to get them off ... well that was just painful. :evil:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think Honda uses that size on most all their wheels, cars and bikes. I've seen it a lot of times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts