GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please explain to me the differences in the OEM Seats installed on the 1800s. There is the 77200-MCA-A20ZA (type 1) Double, the 77200-MCA-A20ZB (type 2) Double, and the 77200-MCA-A70ZA Seat. The last one seems to be about twice the price of the other two. I can't find a catalogue or anything describing the differences......

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am working on my friends 04 in the garage. His seat pan is different than mine. Both are white plastic, however the 04 has a couple of fingers that extend from the pan and slide on the inside of the frame. Mine slides into position with ease to bolt on. His I have to play with it until it seats onto the frame.

G

·
The only difference between the Type 1 (77200-MCA-A20ZA) and the Type 2 (77200-MCA-A20ZB) is the color. Honda part numbers use Zx at the end to indicate different colors (the colors aren't always the same... ZA could mean black for a seat but red for a sidecover). The first five digits indicate the type of part (77200 = seat), the middle three letters/digits indicate model (e.g. MCA = GL1800, MB9 = GL1500, SA0 = Civic), and the last three letters/digits indicate production changes (model years or improvements). 000 usually indicates the first design or model year, 010 would be the next model year whereas 003 would be a mid-year production change or a later design improvement. If the part number is the same except for the Zx at the end then the parts are identical except for color/texture.

The other seat (7720-MCA-A70ZA) is heated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.