GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get me a windshield with a vent.. but do not like the slanted
Tulsa... does anyone make a vented windsheild kinda like the Honda one ? that is a bit more reasonable ? any info would be appreciated...

If anyone changed their 04 windshield w/vent and wants to sell it.. please contact me with asking price..

TIA

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Here's the one that I'm ordering today. A vent can be added for $50 extra. The windshield height adjusters are still functional with this one.

I had a Clearview on a previous Honda, and was pleased with it.

www.clearviewshields.com

For a picture, go here. It is a large image, I won't display it here.

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0803 ... arview.jpg

Clearview Shields now manufactures stock and oversized replacements for the Honda GL1800. All screens are constructed of .177" thick High Impact strength plastic. Contoured to match the stock screen with all stock adjustments intact. Stock height as well as shorter than stock options are among your choices of heights. We also have developed a Grand Tour model which is 3.5" taller than stock and 1.5" wider on each side. Any replacement is available in clear or light gray tint, and can be modified to your exact dimensional needs, within reason.

HON-G800 Honda GL1800 Stock $132.20
HON-G802 Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +2" Tall +1.5" wider each side $132.20
HON-G804 Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +4" Tall +1.5" wider each side $149.14
HON-G80S Honda GL1800 Short -1.5" height +1.5" each side $127.45

Prices include shipping within the 48 contiguous United States

800-798-6089
[email protected]

G

·
mrgl02 said:
Here's the one that I'm ordering today. A vent can be added for $50 extra. The windshield height adjusters are still functional with this one.

whas matter the JC Whitney shield never show ? :lol:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
just wanted to chime in that i have the clearview plus 4 on mine, with the clearview factory mounted vent. i installed it a couple months ago.

i really like it. i will like it even better when it gets hot, and i need some air in the pocket.

loren

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
I have a '04 OEM vented shield on my '02. I would much rather have the OEM shield than any of the aftermarket stuff. The OEM has a coating that will not scratch as easy as the non-coated.

If you place a wanted ad in the classified section for a '04 shield, you should be able to find one at a reasonable price. You can buy a new one from HDL with vent, shipped for $228(?). A rule of thumb when buying used is 1/2 price of a new item! :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Cosmic

You can buy just the vent assembly from HDL, about $34. Give them a call and ask if it will fit your present winshield.

Don

G

·
just tonight installed the Cee Bailys +4 with a vent, I have it in the low position now, took it for a spin and seems to be a great improvement over the OEM. The vent on these is non closeable, waiting to see if bugs get shot thru it :shock:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Javern said:
whas matter the JC Whitney shield never show ? :lol:
Nope. And where did I get the lead about that dud? :a13: However, they DID finally change the price on that web page...

I have more information about the Clearview shield. They are now using the same vent that Honda uses on the 2004 GL1800 shields. It is an extra $40 for the vent, installed.

A Clearview shield that is two inches taller, and 1.5" wider on each side, with a Honda vent cost me only $152. According to some old notes that I have, a stock height shield is the same price. This is a considerable savings over a vented Honda shield.

The Clearview shields can also be ordered with a light smoke tint. This shield also works with the GL1800's height adjusters.

·
Registered
21,129 Posts
I plan to take a test ride on a 04 just to compare the difference with the vent installed,if I like it will probably buy the vent and install. I was looking at those vents the other day and they seem to be significantly improved over the old style vents. Even when fully closed it appears they are designed to still flow some air up the inside of the shield,looks interesting but I got to try it first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts