GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the difference between a 195/55/16 and a 205/55/16?
I'm going to the dark side but I love my 70 series on the back.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
ones bigger :bow::bow::bow::joke::joke::lol::lol: someone will post pic showing diff. in size !!205 is wider. some liked the 175 cause was just like mc tire . dunlop quit making

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But will it fit in the well with no problems?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,877 Posts
But will it fit in the well with no problems?
That will depend on which 205 you are looking at. They are not all the same. I used up several before moving over to the 195 RF.

The first CT I tired was a 205 and it was a bear to install. It was a real tight fit, but it did fit with a lot of soap and wal-mart bags. After that I began to research the actual tire width. And was able to find several that were not much harder to install that the 195. I used the Tire Rack specifications tab to find the information I needed to order tires!

For example, the Yokohama Envigor in the 205-55-16 was real easy to install and was a real good handling tire. However, in the twisties it did not last a long time.

Good Luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will depend on which 205 you are looking at. They are not all the same. I used up several before moving over to the 195 RF.

The first CT I tired was a 205 and it was a bear to install. It was a real tight fit, but it did fit with a lot of soap and wal-mart bags. After that I began to research the actual tire width. And was able to find several that were not much harder to install that the 195. I used the Tire Rack specifications tab to find the information I needed to order tires!

For example, the Yokohama Envigor in the 205-55-16 was real easy to install and was a real good handling tire. However, in the twisties it did not last a long time.

Good Luck
Than you for all of your replies I'm going to stick with the 195s

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going with the 195/55-16 YOKOHAMA AVID ENVIGOR ZPS RFT 87Vand the Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 130/70-18 Rear Tire

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Going with the 195/55-16 YOKOHAMA AVID ENVIGOR ZPS RFT 87Vand the Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 130/70-18 Rear Tire
That will be a great combination! If you are going to run a runflat tire, don't forget that it is a good idea to use a TPMS.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
That is a good choice!:thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again Much Thanks....

I have been on this site for years and you guys are fantastic!
Every time even on the regular GL1800 form you have helped me on a lot of problems, It took me along time and a lot of thought about going on the dark side but after the trip last week and making it home and seeing that bubble in the middle of my Avon I think, I know the good lord was over my wife and I, thank you for your warm welcome.

Now it's time for a sicker.. I just hope he has a small one.

Mike

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
I have been on this site for years and you guys are fantastic!
Every time even on the regular GL1800 form you have helped me on a lot of problems, It took me along time and a lot of thought about going on the dark side but after the trip last week and making it home and seeing that bubble in the middle of my Avon I think, I know the good lord was over my wife and I, thank you for your warm welcome.

Now it's time for a sicker.. I just hope he has a small one.

Mike
Welcome to the Darkside!! If you would like a DS # PM Murgie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts