Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD - 1978 Honda GL1000 Goldwing

SOLD

Well, some of you may remember when I bought this bike last summer. It's been fun to own & ride during my medical recovery, but I think it's finally time to move up to something different.

I am the 3rd owner of this classic bike. The original owner had it for over 30 years until his passing. The man I bought it from in Wyoming purchased it from the original owner’s surviving son, and set about restoring it… along with 2 other bikes. As they neared completion, his own health issues arose, and he began selling them off. I was lucky enough to hear about it, and took this one off his hands.

As I said, it's been a fun little bike for me. I bought it just to see if I could ride without severe pain again, and I can... at least, in a limited capacity. But traveling around the country in my RV is just not the right type of environment for a classic such as this, so I’ve decided to let her go.

The bike runs just as she did back in ’78. In fact, I just got back from riding a 100-mile loop of the area out here in Arizona with no issues at all. Starts easily with the choke applied, and settles into a nice idle after it’s warmed up.

The paint is all original, and has not been redone. The pin-stripes are showing their age a bit, but that’s simply part of the vintage mystique of a survivor. All of the brightwork still shines, though there are a few spots here & there that need some attention. All gauges are functional, and work as advertised.

The bike is currently located in Casa Grande, AZ… about 40 miles southeast of the Phoenix metro area. After this morning’s ride, the bike currently has 42,792 miles on the odometer… but that will rise as I continue to ride occasionally.

I'm asking $3,500.00 for the bike, but am open to negotiation. Though I can assist, and possibly even deliver the bike within the local area for an additional fee... pick-up of the bike will be the sole responsibility of the buyer.

More photos available... For any other questions, feel free to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Amazing motorcycle. Wish I was in the market for an older wing. I'm sure the next buyer will be very happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hey Tom,
I'm not interested in your current motorcycle, I'm very glad to read about your current activities and location. I continue to be envious or your nomadic lifestyle. It sure looks good to me. I'm glad to hear that your health has improved and it letting you ride again and that you might be ready to move on to a different ride.
Best wishes to you for continues health and enjoying life.
C.J.

·
Registered
19,253 Posts
I am thankful you are not located in Texas or I might be temped to purchase. Great looking bike

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
OMG! Now that was my dream bike........... A 1000 cc motorcycle (never in my wildest imagination, would I ever even dream of riding such a monster bike)...It's in perfect shape, that's going to sell very fast I'm sure..

Ronnie

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
322 Posts
'78

I am thankful you are not located in Texas or I might be temped to purchase. Great looking bike

Me too. :agree: Reminds me of my first Wing. It was a '78 except mine was black.
Beautiful bike. Good luck with the sale! :cool:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
PM sent.

I would like to take a look at this beauty.

I’m located in Tucson and within striking distance if it’s located in Casa Grande.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Back in the day I had one just like it!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I’m now the caretaker of this piece of Honda history. For the foreseeable future it will give up the cross country traveling and reside in my studio/garage here in Tucson. Easy rides to breakfast and lunch on occasion and appear in some local car and bike shows just for fun.

2 blue Goldwings are better than 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.