GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is cheaper for me to do it but I am okay with this number.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Service

If your ok then it's OK. Sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wow! Where did you find that price? My 4K service cost $236 from Yamaha of San Antonio (owned by IH35 Honda). But then again, when I asked them for an estimate, all they told me was the labor ($145).

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that I think about it, they told me the same thing. This is I35 Honda in New Braunfels. They said $142 plus parts so that is probably what you paid. Maybe I will just do it at the house.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hope you don't mind my diverting slightly, but what is the going rate for the 12K service if you have it done by the dealershop?

Thanks,

Todd

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I have never had mine in for any kind of service ... What is the 4k check ?? When mine was new, I changed the oil at 4k and now change it every 15k and just keep on riding !!!

I am old fashioned, no reason to take it in if it is running OK !! :lol:

[email protected] 8)

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
Tom, I think the 4K is an oil and filter change with some other inspections/adjsutments as needed.

prs

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
KA7W said:
I am old fashioned
No, we don't think that of you. Maybe, back when you had 50 or 60,000 miles and we hardly knew you, but that was then.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We know better now.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

DaleC

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
KA7W said:
I have never had mine in for any kind of service ... What is the 4k check ?? When mine was new, I changed the oil at 4k and now change it every 15k and just keep on riding !!!

I am old fashioned, no reason to take it in if it is running OK !! :lol:

[email protected] 8)
ditto

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
buy a filter and some good oil for about $25 and do it yourself

you will find they want to service you right into the poor house

·
Registered
589 Posts
I personally think you got RAPED if all they did was the 4K or 1 month service stop in your owners manual. That is a oil change W/filter for the most part. Sure wish you lived closer to me I would do it for ya for $25.00 and a case of Miller Lite ! :D :D

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If you had your bike serviced in your home town. then everyone there is glad you did. The Honda shop made some money, the tech made some money. (they will spend it in your town). The County made some tax money.

It was a fair price and you keep the local town running.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
My dealer charged $80....pars and labor...changed oil, filter, drive shaft oil and went over the whole bike with me making sure all was well

Got a nice fresh blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee too!

It is easy to change the oil yourself...which is what I do now...however Ihave to get my own muffin and coffee

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,098 Posts
Wow, 142 dollars just to change the oil with maybe a few scratches thrown in for free. Sounds like you are getting bend over. Just do it yourself, it's such a easy job.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I do this type service for .75 hour labor (22.50) plus cost of honda filter (8.50) and cost of oil...whatever brand you prefer...check bike over for bolt looseness, side cover grommets, coolant level, add if necessary and change Diff. oil...you wait on bike if you please, cold drink, coffee, or water...dealer around here cost much more, leave your bike there a week or so, if you are lucky...and yes I stay very busy...harley and metric bikes...PS...Harley service is just a bit more, but very affordable compared to local harley shop...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good price if you got semi-synthetic for your oil...

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
for the dealer its a great deal

for the bike owner, well lets just b nice and say i wouldn't pay that much

·
Registered
584 Posts
however Ihave to get my own muffin and coffee

WoW! talk about getting screwed!!! Can't you sub that out or something? :lol: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts