GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready for my first big outing, and I am trying to find out what is the best footwear to wear:shrug:. I am sure this will get a lot of weird answers

·
Registered
651 Posts
Cruiserworks boots. Comfortable and keep you feet dry...

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I heard flip flops are great, just get off the bike and start walking, air conditioned, rubber sole, what else is needed

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
Since I do not know what gender you are, or what your definition of a big outing is.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
i live in arkansas,

why would you wear shoes ??
Cause the road gets hot in Texas. You can smell rubber burnin when stopped. The best way to solve this little problem is to drop an egg, when it starts frying you don't smell your flip flops burnin any more. GEES..:wrong:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I'm partial to Goretex hunting boots because they serve more than one purpose. I've been wearing Danner Pronghorns on and off the bike for several years and they are great boots at a reasonable price. You'll find them at Cabelas, Scheels and most other outdoor stores.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I use the Harley boots made by Wolverine with the vibram sole. When you put your foot down they grip real good. I also have the Harley rain gators that velcro over your boot, they keep the rain off and you still get to use the uncovered heel of your boot to contact the ground.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I wear Redwing 981, they have been waterproof for 3 yrs. They are not comfortable for walking long hrs. and that's why take a pair of sneakers along.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
i live in arkansas,

why would you wear shoes ??
If you didn't need to count past 10, you could step on a rock and it wouldn't hurt.;);)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I like to wear boots while riding always..."That being said" I look for a boot that's comfortable,water proof,with a nonslip sole...
There are alot of good boots out there for riding...I picked up a pair of cruiserworks boots @ WOTS last fall and really like them :thumbup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Shoes

Crocs... The all weather shoe, all weather all the time....

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I am getting ready for my first big outing, and I am trying to find out what is the best footwear to wear:shrug:. I am sure this will get a lot of weird answers
I suggest waterproofed leather with mechanical closure (not just slip on) that at least protect the ankle. Taller boots offer even better protection both from crashes and from rain. Motorcycle retailers and internet stores offer many types at different price points.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a pair of Kochmann waterproofs which are really comfortable and definitely waterproof, but are fairly expensive. I also have a pair of SWAT brand waterproofs which are great and much less expensive (like around $60 I think). My wife also likes her Bates Featherweight waterproofs, which are good at a nice price point. You can try on the SWATs & the Bates at most Army-Navy surplus stores for size, then get online and save a few $$. Good luck -- NN

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Harley davidson makes good boots... buy at Acadamy sporting goods (lots cheaper). Someone told me that Harley Davidson make motorcycles too... never understood how a boot company got into making motorcycles?:shock:

·
Mild Hog
585 Posts
I got a pair of "Joe Rocket" meteor boots last month. They are waterproof and comfortable. Not expensive either.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts