GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5000 miles on my 2010 with nav. i bought in june 2011. its been dry in texas. after 10 minute ride in rain, dried up and we stopped to remove rain gear. we took back off and radio was pulsating volume thru head sets. was making a low tone droan like a squealch but low tone when passenger tried to adjust volume. i-com was still good between headsets.

after an hour ride on dry roads radio finally acted right and droan noise was gone.

i got up this morning after bike sitting in the rain with a half cover at the hotel. everything working great, drove 2 miles and cb radio showed error and shut off, but when my buddy talked to me it would come across the bike speakers even though cb showed to be off.

i also have the occasional nav screen that goes blank at initial start up, been doing that since i got the bike. reading about that on here seems like a problem they havent figured out yet.

any input would be great

oh, j and m headsets, honda cb...

dw

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
Start by checking the grounds.

prs

·
Registered
528 Posts
I get a feeling you may have a bad head unit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nav head unit?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
My NAVI screen wouldn't light up either and Honda ended up replacing the NAVI unit. Mine appeared to be related to cold. I know it doesn't get that cold down your way, but keep after them. Also the radio would shut itself off when it got cold also and they have already told me to set up a time before the warranty goes out and they will replace that too.

Keep after them on the warranty.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Never knew there was such a thing as bad head.
That's what I thought until I dated this one chick, but that's a story for another type of forum :p

·
Registered
556 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts