GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a trip to the northeast for this fall and have never been there. My questions are about NYC. We plan to spend a couple of days in the city, probably coming in from West Point area. Am looking for some suggestions about where to stay, what kind of transportation to take, etc. Would like to park the bike/trailer at the lodging (hotel or motel) and not have to move it until we leave; is that reasonable and safe/secure? Time frame is tentative; when we travel, it is one day at a time because you never know what you may find and want to see more. Right now we think we will be there the first part of October.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
New Jersey

It is much, much cheaper to stay in New Jersey and take the public transportation into Manhattan. Most NJ hotels have parking for your Wing. Google "New Jersey hotels near NYC" and look for Trip Advisor reviews. It should be helpful in your planning.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Stay in Hoboken, Jersey City or Secaucus & come in to the city by ferry (NY Waterway) or Path (the subway from Jersey). Park your bike indoors, lock it, cover it and you're ok.
Search out Hoboken first. Great town with riverside chain hotels and best access into the city.
I'm not up on the ferry schedule, but Path runs all day & well into the night.
Get in touch if you need anything while you're here.

Justin
[email protected]

·
Registered
189 Posts
Better yet, stay in Atlantic highlands, NJ and take the ferry from there.

You can see the NY sky line from the overlook and visit the Jersey shore
specifically Sandy Hook and Long Branch, all in close proximity to Atlantic
Highlands. . .Thank me later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts