GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i cant fathom any other reason those fine motorcycles would be on a trailer:)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Nice trailer, what brand is it? ;)

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Disgraceful but it happens....

Just trailered mine 800 miles from DFW to Creede. My wing was very embarrassed by this. It would barely talk to me when we got here. Whats worse is we saw lots of Harleys being ridden while the wing was on the trailer so it was fully humiliated when it got here.

Had to do it though. Was dropping my son off to work on a ranch in Creede while my wife and I head up to Yellowstone on the wing.

I suppose I could have made her drive my son to Creede and met her there on the wing, but momma wouldn't have liked that arrangement much so I had to trailer it.

We've now hidden the trailer away and the Wing is happy again. We head to Yellowstone on Thursday. :)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
i cant fathom any other reason those fine motorcycles would be on a trailer:)
Mine gets trailered all the time. I refuse to ride a bike across the state of Kansas when going to Colorado especially if its going to be 90+ degrees when I can drive my pickup 700+ miles a day in air conditioned comfort, but only go 450mi a day on the bike. Also haul it to Florida when its 20degrees or colder and snow/salt is on the roads.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I trailer my wing now and then. Just depends..................for example I will trailer from Louisiana to Colorado just to avoid riding through Texas (not that I don't like Texas) just that I am not worn out when I get to Colorado. Then I can ride all I want and then trailer back to home. Sometimes I ride from home to wherever................I am leaving July 4 to Montana no trailering.................so it just depends what I want to do. I bet I still ride more than and most even if I do trailer now and then.

·
Registered
98 Posts
trailered

My first thought would be it's to hot to ride them since they are in Texas. I can tell you this by first hand experience. But it is a nice trailer.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Maybe its the only way for 1 person to transport 3 MCs to a certain location.

Probably just bought all 3 bikes on Craigs to re-sell later or a dealer moving around used MCs to different shops.

Why are some people so offended on what others do with their own property?

I'm still looking for a good deal on a small enclosed trailer to tow behind my RV to transport the GW when I want to travel. That way I can have the GW to ride and can stay in my RV and be comfortable.

·
Registered
456 Posts
We are trailering ours this year as well........it's compromise...the wife won't ride long distances and I will not leave the bike behind.........so we trailer it to a destination and take easy day trips.......this makes the wife happy, and if the wife ain't happy, no one's happy!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have never understood why people put down others for trailering a bike.
Most the putdowns are just in fun but there is some die hards out there that really believe a wing should never be trailered and are serious about it. Never had any of mine on a trailer but would not hesitate to do so if I had a reason to. Even if it was just to get from point A to point B and then ride the roads around there. Guess I'm just one of those that don't concern myself with what others do, and don't care what others think about what I do.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Stu

Stu , Where you headed to this year ? I 'm thinking of a rocky mtn ride in the next week or so .

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did it once from Texas to Colorado, if I ever do it again it will be in a new enclosed trailer, out of sight out of comments. :thumbup:

110 Degs in Amarillo, wife was glad we did it.

The next year she decided she wanted to ride the whole way to AZ, then to CO, that got to her 110 Degs across TX, 117 Degs in AZ, was very nice in CO.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
My Wing now rides in the back of my toy hauler - you gonna beef me for that or compare me to a Harley rider? I've done 6,000 mile rides towing a tent trailer and now I'm ready for some comforts of home. Perhaps the folks in the photo are too. You need to lay off the folks trailering their Wings. Jerks

Nahh not really,, but been riding way long enough to understand the ribbing.. Most of the time it comes from the diehard riders who pass all the trailer queens stopping at Jacksonville fl on way to Daytona to unload their HD so everyone will think they rode all the way down.
Last year their was a vendor selling t shirts at the first rest stop in florida that said " towing a M/C is a disease. For help call 1-800-scared to ride"
Last time I took the whole family to Disney world I bought them all plane tickets for a flight that departed Md at 1600 hrs.. I left that morning at 0400. I was waiting for them in our Disney hotel.

My wife does not like the REALLY long rides anymore... But I do! I offer to fly her out to wherever I am going. because to me riding there regardless of weather is 90% of the fun.
AND absolutely no insult intended to those who no longer are up to the 1000 mile days
" It's NOT the destination, But the journey"

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yellowstone

Just trailered mine 800 miles from DFW to Creede. My wing was very embarrassed by this. It would barely talk to me when we got here. Whats worse is we saw lots of Harleys being ridden while the wing was on the trailer so it was fully humiliated when it got here.

Had to do it though. Was dropping my son off to work on a ranch in Creede while my wife and I head up to Yellowstone on the wing.

I suppose I could have made her drive my son to Creede and met her there on the wing, but momma wouldn't have liked that arrangement much so I had to trailer it.

We've now hidden the trailer away and the Wing is happy again. We head to Yellowstone on Thursday. :)
wave on your way through. I am headed to salt lake on Friday. Have a great ride. Keith

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Nahh not really,, but been riding way long enough to understand the ribbing..

My wife does not like the REALLY long rides anymore... But I do! I offer to fly her out to wherever I am going. because to me riding there regardless of weather is 90% of the fun.
AND absolutely no insult intended to those who no longer are up to the 1000 mile days
" It's NOT the destination, But the journey"
+1

·
Registered
119 Posts
I used to ride with a group that trailered every where saying that they would be too tied to enjoy riding if they rode to whatever destination. I talked a small group into riding once and they swore they would never do that again. Had to ride in some rain and one was upset because his Ultra had never been in tne rain and it's too hard to clean afterwards. Never asked them again. Whenever we went anywhere we (wife and I) would ride there and they would trailer. I then started telling them that they were president, vice president, etc., of the CAR ***** club (joke). They asked what that was and I told them Candy Ass Riders We Haul Our Rides Everywhere. They liked that and it stuck ;)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Oh the horror!!!!!!!! I'll bet they have radios and cruise control and incredibly left the windshields on. Probably wear helmets too.
How about its none of our business ; unless of course we have nothing to do but gossip about someone smart enough to buy a goldwing.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
This board has got some mighty thin-skinned participants. You know what they say, "If ya throw a rock into a pack of dogs the one that yelps is the one that got hit."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts