GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding short distances around the home-front everyday. Checking my tire pressure every couple of days I noticed I was loosing air. I first thought I hadn't tightened the solid valve stem tight enough, then I realized that was the other rear rim. Time for a good look see! Found two small nails in the center of the tread a couple of inches apart. So now they are plugged and all is well once again. Don't leak a bit, so I'll run it until time for a new one. Hopefully 8-10 thousand miles from now!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Will the wal-mart shopping bag tire hold a plug for very long. :shrug:

Glad it didn't fail on you.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Rocket maybe you should use a bread bag tie for that special tire of yours :tongue:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi Richard

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HA! I did 4 laps around Walmart when I installed them. Just fold a bag over a couple of times and twist it tight and it makes a great plug!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
my theory was all them darn cookies he been eating was making the tires overloaded ;)

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my theory was all them darn cookies he been eating was making the tires overloaded ;)
COOKIES! I ain't got no cookies!:mad1::mad1::mad1:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Burp, Just remember Rocket I offered to share. But noooo you wouldn't ride up to get any.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey Rocket, They are getting as bad as JP about picking on your Sunny. They just don't want to try a good tire. We know the Sunny is a good tire, I love mine, too.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Rocket, They are getting as bad as JP about picking on your Sunny. They just don't want to try a good tire. We know the Sunny is a good tire, I love mine, too.
I here ya Darrell!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: That old green monster is an ugly beast!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I here ya Darrell!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: That old green monster is an ugly beast!:lol::lol::lol:
I am scared of monsters:eek:4:,make them go away Rocket .

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am scared of monsters:eek:4:,make them go away Rocket .
I can't make them go away, only you can do that! I'll tell you how. Go buy a Sunny SN 3830 and mount it on your Wing. Then you will no longer be green with envy!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rail you could barter with Rocket and for a couple dozen darksider cookies deliveried he would get rid of the monster for you,too.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rail you could barter with Rocket and for a couple dozen darksider cookies deliveried he would get rid of the monster for you,too.
I like his way of thinking!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
2 nails in that Sunny tire you are running :eek:4::eek:4: I won't pick on you this time Rocket you are one very brave man. 1 nail I probably would of chucked that tire in the woods . But 2 nails and 2 plugs and you are still going to run it. May the force be with you because you are way more than a man than me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2 nails in that Sunny tire you are running :eek:4::eek:4: I won't pick on you this time Rocket you are one very brave man. 1 nail I probably would of chucked that tire in the woods . But 2 nails and 2 plugs and you are still going to run it. May the force be with you because you are way more than a man than me. :thumbup:
Hey JP, good to see you posting! I hope all is well with you and Willie. You just can't find no tougher tire than a Sunny!:thumbup::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Well been a lot of time in the hospital Rocket so don't get on to much. Miss throwing the bull with my friends but for right now this is what it is. Just think all the preaching going on around here about running a NRF its not going to kill me LMAO. Glad I don't live my life in fear it must be an awful feeling being afraid about everything thats going to or might happen to you. I don't think I have a great amount of time left but I will not live in fear and fight till the end, Talk to you soon my friend :thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts