GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my second GW, and I have had two Connies and many Dual Sports.
Today my wife of 28 years finally took a ride with me. A short scenic one of 35 miles to try out the helmets and headsets. I think it will be a start of something very cool. She really liked the bike and I am afraid I was more nervous than she was. It really is a different animal with 2 up but I really enjoyed the time with her. I made a playlist on the IPod of our favorite music so she had a great time. The turns were easy and I did a slow speed U-Turn fairly well. I need work on braking to a stop at a light to smooth out the process. Back in one piece! Next ride will be down south for breakfast of 75 miles or better.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats on the 2 up riding experience. My wife rides with me alot and I miss her when she is not back there.....................a whole lot quieter! :wrong: She is finishing her riding course today. Now, she will know when I make mistakes! :22yikes: Glad you all had an enjoyable ride! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Good on you both. I am also on my second 1800 and my wife is the reason. She would like to ride her own but due to many ankle surguries, she would have a really hard time doing that but loves to go with me and there is no better bike out there for two up riding than the Wing. It is certainly time well spent!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Most or our riding is 2 up. Billie enjoys riding almost as much as I do. Do parking lot drills with her on the back. Start very easy and work up. You both will learn team work in leaning and not leaning. Sharing time together is what it's all about.

·
Registered
669 Posts
:thumbup: congrats..... you may find it hard to get away by yourself in the future. My wing hardly leaves the driveway one up.I have a great riding partner, just did 6500 miles in two weeks. She has sat on the back for 19
hrs and 1170 miles at a time.(with only moderate complaining ):joke:
Hope it works out as well for you !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrates to you and your wife. Great to share the joys together. I'm going to be alone the rest of this year as she has a hip issue to take care of but nothing better than open road and great riding with someone you love. Enjoy.

·
Registered
902 Posts
GOOD for yu'all. Wife been on my bike since she was 11 yrs old.She has never wanted to ride her own. And i prefer it that way. She like to ride as much as i do.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congratulations to you both. My wife started riding pillion a few years ago at age, (well better not say that), but let's say mid-fifties. :) She was very nervous at first and I took it very easy with speed and on turns. Kept trips fairly short and went places we like to go (mainly restaurants ;) ) Over time she has become more confident and about the only thing that makes her nervous is speeds over 80 mph.

It was her decision to start riding after showing no interest for a number of years. She did not like being left out of the small riding group I rode with (which included a few wives) so decided to give it a try.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
246 Posts
2 up is the only way to travel. Nights in the motel are more fun.

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
I ride 2Up 80% of the time:yes1:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I went from a wing to a Connie because all my riding is now 1 up. If my wife still rode I would still be on a Wing, no better bike for 2 up. I know a lot of guy and their wife's ride 2 up on the concours and do a lot of miles but I don't think my wife would ever ride over 50 miles on the back of my concours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts