GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 2012 with plans to trike it, as I think I will feel safer on 3 wheels. However I have enjoyed riding it as it is. My question is that if I have a trike and another 2 wheeled bike, is it dangerous to switch between the two, or just take extra concentration?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I bought the 2012 with plans to trike it, as I think I will feel safer on 3 wheels. However I have enjoyed riding it as it is. My question is that if I have a trike and another 2 wheeled bike, is it dangerous to switch between the two, or just take extra concentration?
On 2 wheels just remember to put your feet down. On 3 wheels remember to keep your feet up or you will go under the rear wheel and when you get gas keep clear of the pump. Both are fun to ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Just have to be aware they are two different animals and one countersteers and one does not. In a panic, you don't want to countersteer the trike and end up going the wrong way you intended.

Or, vis versa for the bike. I ride three different bikes, the GW has ABS, the others do not. In panic braking, they have to be handled differently. One has to make an effort to remember that when the times comes.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Did you have trouble switching from your cage to your bike and back?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Did you have trouble switching from your cage to your bike and back?
The difference there is the feel. When I'm in my truck it feels like a truck. When I rode a trike it still mostly felt like a bike.

·
Registered
806 Posts
No problem. Somedays you feel like two and somedays you feel like three. It's really nice to have the option. Three is nice when the SO rides along as the trike feels more stable when you get older as I am.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My wife has a Valk trike which I ride on occasion. I find it to be a refreshing change. No real problems going from one to the other, and I am a newby when it comes to riding. I have only been at it for 4 years.:cool:

·
Registered
937 Posts
I switch back and forth form my trike to my Vulcan all the time. Even when I get off one and go right to the other I don't need to rethink what I'm doing.

An additional note - I did notice that when I used my go pro on the trike over Beartooth Pass I didn't have the side to side leaning of the camera frame and it was very pleasant to watch over the two wheel filming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts