GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased 2012 Goldwing that is brand new (no miles), but two years old.

This Honda dealership claims they had it in the create for two years in their warehouse.

Is that possible for any dealer to hold a two year old bike for two years without selling ?????

Your Thoughts Please

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yes- It is True- The dealer network has a lot of "new" old Wings that are still crated - Should you inquire at any dealer they can find one some where -if they care to look - The bike you bought was crated and stored in a warehouse somewhere before the dealer who sold you yours had it in his warehouse. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes- It is True- The dealer network has a lot of "new" old Wings that are still crated - Should you inquire at any dealer they can find one some where -if they care to look - The bike you bought was crated and stored in a warehouse somewhere before the dealer who sold you yours had it in his warehouse. :thumbup:
Thanks..... Now I feel better. :?

I kept asking the salesmen what's wrong with this GL1800 that it's two yrs. old.

I also ask is it a auction bike that dealers will purchase from dealers that go out of business
and can't keep up the payments to Honda.

He kept reassuring me it's bought/purchased by them and been at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Iron Horse in Monroe NC

Sold me my new 2002 VTX in 2004

Took me in back and showed me the crate and S/N

Assembled it that week and delivered it to my home

·
Registered
827 Posts
I bought a new old stock Venture once. The dealer had just bought 6 of them from the Yamaha wherehouse in an auction. I suppose that happens a lot. I got a great deal on it too!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Thanks..... Now I feel better. :?

I kept asking the salesmen what's wrong with this GL1800 that it's two yrs. old.

I also ask is it a auction bike that dealers will purchase from dealers that go out of business
and can't keep up the payments to Honda.

He kept reassuring me it's bought/purchased by them and been at the dealership.
Depending on whatever State (ur in) Law happens to be (example) in VA the dealers are Taxed on inventory( Bikes, Boats, Atvs & Auto's) held (warehouse) so they will ship them to another State location and move them around that way as well - Still Crated from the Factory -

As long at it had 0-1 mile on the OD and no High Water marks :) you have a brand new 2 yr old bike -Enjoy and now you can worry about changing and using the correct oil :lol:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I recall a friend buying a brand new (still in the crate) CBX many years ago. It was stored in the dealer's warehouse since received from the factory. The guy's brother brought the crated bike in the back of his pickup truck from Sayre, PA to the midwest, where the buyer received it into his pickup truck and headed home to remove it from the crate and enjoy riding the classic bike.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long at it had 0-1 mile on the OD and no High Water marks :) you have a brand new 2 yr old bike -Enjoy and now you can worry about changing and using the correct oil :lol:
Speaking of oil, I got some oil filters on my bench for my '03 Goldwing I bought from Hal on sale,
those oil filters should fit my '14, right?

·
Registered
290 Posts
My wife was in the market for a new Goldwing. She decided that she wanted the 2008 dark red color. I did some searching and found 1. That was in 2010. And yes, we got a very good deal on it. So it does happen.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
We get that down here in New Zealand too.
My Wing was made in 2009 and sold in 2011.
The new shape model was about to be released.
I saw it advertised at a healthy discounted price and went and saw the dealer.
After some more negotiations on the price I bought it.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
As long as the bike has never been registered it is still or should be considered new when you apply for a loan, not a used bike. It should of at least knocked off 2500 or more for it being 2 years old anyway.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as the bike has never been registered it is still or should be considered new when you apply for a loan, not a used bike. It should of at least knocked off 2500 or more for it being 2 years old anyway.
I also made sure sales know that 2014 is half over with, so if I would have to sell this 2012 Goldwing a year from now I would be losing 2 1/2 years of depreciation instead of just 2 years, that sealed the deal.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
A few days ago my wife looked at a brand new 2008 Suzuki Boulevard 1500 at a dealer near us. It had never been registered, so technically it is new with a full factory warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts