GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally got up to about 39 deg. at 11:00 this morning. I left for a ride to Michigan to see Rich and Becky's new house. When I got home at 5:15 the sun had been under clouds for quite sometime and the wind was brisk.

Rich is in the middle of making a few changes on their house and it is really going to be a beautiful home when he gets done.

You can all say what you want about the gerbings, and wind deflectors on our Goldwings that you want but try and keep the wind off when riding this: LOL>>>>

No electrics of any kind. Don't need them. LOLO> Yes it was cool, but with the proper clothing it is comfy.. I have a snowmobile jacket and gloves along with my chaps and long underwear it was not too bad. I am going to have to get better boots as my feet did get chilly. Not froze, just uncomfortable.

I have almost 500 miles on the new Vulcan. It is turning out to be a pretty sweet ride so far. I really think the suspension will outlast the Goldwing. :wink: :wink: It has not wobbled yet or have any frame problems. I think it is a keeper. :wink: :wink:

I do have the Iway mounted on it, but I have to admit I missed having the cruise, (hard to keep under 70 MPH), the radio, and the coffee machine.... :wink: :wink:

Ross

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Glad you're having a chance to get out and ride before winter really kicks in. :)

FYI....
I did 272 miles today for BBQ. I did it in a T-shirt and plenty of suncreen.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red said:
Glad you're having a chance to get out and ride before winter really kicks in. :)

FYI....
I did 272 miles today for BBQ. I did it in a T-shirt and plenty of suncreen.
Lucky for me I can still read fine print.. Now rub it in... rub it in.... LOL

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
We just got in, from an evening ride. We done a total of 183.2 miles today. I love this Indiana winter so far. 62 degrees, for an afternoon high, & it's still 59 @ a little after 8:00 p.m. :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Glad to see you out and about enjoying the new ride, Ross.

It's a nice looking bike.

Dep

·
Registered
696 Posts
nomad

i also just bought a new nomad and like it a lot. not a wing but a good bike and lots of fun to ride i did put j & m cb and intercom on it and use my ipod with fm radio ride safe ride long mine is red and silver

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Ross,
You planning on riding that up for our New Years day get together? Hope you have more than 1 pair of thermal underwear. :lol:

Preliminary planning for this years get together is in Lansing since it's more centrally located.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HiYoSilver said:
Ross,
You planning on riding that up for our New Years day get together? Hope you have more than 1 pair of thermal underwear. :lol:

Preliminary planning for this years get together is in Lansing since it's more centrally located.
If the weather is like it has been for the last week and no salt on the roads I might just do that. LOLOL.....

Before I ride it much farther than I did yesterday I will have to get a back rest. It will be ordered tomorrow...

Lansing is about 4 hours from here if I remember correctly. That is no problem unless you are planning breakfast :wink: :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts