GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am transferring accessories from my 2001 to my 2006. I am trying to put the CB in the 2006. Looking at the diagram that came with the CB from the 2001, it shows 3 capacitors: One goes under the seat and I have located those connectors. The other 2 capacitor connectors are supposed to be under the right and left fairing pockets. I cannot find those connectors.
Are the left and right capacitors needed on the 06 or are they already incorporated into the wiring? Are they located somewhere else?
Any help would be appreciated.
Brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently installed the CB in my 06 and yes you need the two capacitors under the front fairing pockets. The connectors are there in the harness and go to the two radiator cooling fans. They were fairly easy to find since they were the only plugs there with the same configuration. Also watch out for the other wire connector (power) under the seat that the CB plugs into.There are two available plugs with the same configuration. If you plug into the wrong one you will get a CB error message on your display. Just move it to the other one. If I remember right one is black and the other is white. I think you use the one matching your connector plug.

Dave

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I just put in my CB recently also, and did find the plugs under the fairing, in the big black rubber boot. but you do have to remove the shelter. Piece of cake after that, and that is not that hard either, but do not try to remove the speaker covers when removing the gage cover. It is different from the earlier models.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I was able to find the right connectors and all is good now.
Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts