GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, I purchased an 01 with 22K miles, the bike sat for about 8 years without being on the road very much, most of the switch’s would not work, but I did get them functioning, i Got the cruise on and off working, but the cruise SET/DECEL button was a bugger, but eventually started to work as well, lately tho, I had to push the SET/DECEL several times to get it to engage, and finally it would catch, but now, no matter what I do, it will not work ,
I’ve tried switch cleaner with no luck , looking for ideas , or repairs that I can make.
I do have an old cluster from a friend that was replaced because the starter button was bad, so, I have a used part source if needed.
thanks for all responses

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fred, my brake light from the foot pedal needed to be pressed really hard to get the light to go on, I sprayed both those contact switches, and got them so I could hear them click , also, I’ve watched a how to video to replace those switch’s , looks like getting to the wiring connection is the same place to replace the right hand handlebar switch’s , is there a way to test the brake/cruise cancel switch’s ?
thanks for any help !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts