GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is for the lurkers biting their tongue, still in consideration mode. (And no, I'm not associated with this sale. Just see a scenario similar to my own.) My first Goldwing was a 2003 with 70K miles on it, we bought in 2008 that was part of a bike/trailer package (that I could not justify that we buy together because of the price). The owner happened to sell the trailer on the same weekend that we had a miserable 8 hour ride on a Shadow 1100. Since the bike itself was still available, I thought we might as well take it for a test ride while that 8 hour feeling was fresh on our tushes. We rode it for ~15 minutes.... and then my wife bought it. Bottom line: an inexpensive 1800 is a great way to get into biking at this level. Take the plunge. A bike this nice isn't likely to come cheaper. Lots of miles of smiles at a great price. kpke, good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks for the write up clayusmcret!!! Bike is still for sale. With only 20K miles on it. I take excellent care of all my MC's. Just won 2 trophies at the AHRMA event (the vintage show, not racing) at Laguna Seca. This Gold Wing looks and rides like a brand new motorcycle. No disappointments here.

And just for fun for any vintage 2 stroke fans...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I am willing to discuss offers on this beautiful, very low mileage, well equipped, runs perfect, ready to ride anywhere, (shall I go on) motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Hang in there kpke. This is not a great time of year for motorcycle sales with the Holidays coming up. However I think you have a beautiful bike there and someone will love having it.
Earlier this year a buddy of mine bought a 2003 Allusion Blue ABS with 22,000 miles. He then sold his 2002 Allusion Blue non ABS that had over 150,000 miles on the clock. The difference even after we exchanged the accessories he wanted to keep, worked out to him now having a nearly new Allusion Blue wing with his out of pocket final cost of $2000.
Food for thought for anyone following this one!

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thanks Dave. I really appreciate the compliment and I'm not going anywhere. I will still ride the bike occasionally. For those that don't know this has Dave's seat on it so for that reason it's really worth twice what I'm asking for it.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts