GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40,000 miles on my 2001 gl 1800 and today checked valves all were absolutely right on .006 intake .009 exhaust It's nice to see Honda got the engine right. You don't hear of very many engine problems. LEE IN AZ. :lol:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
No, so we whine about checking the valves and finding nothing wrong. Waste of money, why didn't Honda make the intervals longer, dealers just tring to get rich...yada-yada....

Sure is nice to ride a bike that will bring you home.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lee what are the odds of all 12 valves being exactly on? You'd think the mechanic would show you the cylinder intake and exhaust numbers from his checks. If I heard one particular valve was getting close to being out and we need to keep an eye on it, I'd come near believing that. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Valve check

DanBlack: You see I'm the mechanic that did the check so I know the settings If the shop did it I would have a question. But I did it all by my self . AS STU says if you want it done right do it yourself. LEE IN AZ. :lol: :D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Re: Valve check

Lee in az. said:
DanBlack: You see I'm the mechanic that did the check so I know the settings If the shop did it I would have a question. But I did it all by my self . AS STU says if you want it done right do it yourself. LEE IN AZ. :lol: :D
I guess you have to trust yourself to tell the truth. :lol:

The most important thing is that you did it with loving care. :D

Was this the first time that it had been done?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.