GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing a 2002 Bushtec Quantum Sport. The trailer is in MN, the problem is in order to import the trailer into Canada. It must contain the following.

It must bear a legible, valid, 17-digit VIN that has been issued by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). It must bear a legible U.S. Statement of Compliance (SOC) label, issued by the OEM. It must bear a label, legibly indicating the vehicle's weight ratings (both GVWR and GAWR). It must bear a label, legibly indicating the recommended tire pressures (PSI).

The seller says he can't find the Certification label containing this info anywhere on the trailer
. Does anyone know where This info can be found on the 2002 Quantum sport. Thanks
Rob :thumbup::yes1:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Labels on trailer

I would suggest calling Bushtec and seeing if these existed on the 2002, where they would have been and if they could provide you duplicates of the original tags.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted bushtec.apparently they are unable to reprind a VIN label or MSO that far back.

·
Registered
470 Posts
According to the Bushtec Owners Manual:
Every BPC trailer is assigned its own unique WMI compliant VIN number which is
located on a Certification label on the trailer chassis. The VIN tag is located on the
chassis neck under the nose of the body and can be viewed from the left side of the
trailer. Besides containing the year, make, model, and VIN number, it also contains
information on axle weight rating, gross vehicle weight rating, rim size, tire size and tire
pressure information, and it indicates that the trailer meets all DOT requirements.

·
Registered
101 Posts
According to the Bushtec Owners Manual:
Every BPC trailer is assigned its own unique WMI compliant VIN number which is located on a Certification label on the trailer chassis. The VIN tag is located on the
chassis neck under the nose of the body and can be viewed from the left side of the trailer.

I've got a 2003 Bushtec - just went out to the shop to see if I could find the VIN/Certification label

- checked the location as listed in manual and could not find a label or stamped VIN anywhere on the trailer chassis or anywhere else on the trailer

- if they used an adhesive label, it probably came off many years ago.

In Texas the VIN #, make, year, color, carrying capacity & gross weight are listed on the DMV trailer registration - don't know if MN does the same.

Here's a copy of the manual - that lists all of the other info

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Try removing the carpeted cover that covers the inside of the trailer over the tail lights. My vin plate was in there when I imported my 2003. There are two black screws that you can undo with your fingers that are holding it on. I have a quantum gl sport

·
Registered
101 Posts
Try removing the carpeted cover that covers the inside of the trailer over the tail lights. My vin plate was in there when I imported my 2003. There are two black screws that you can undo with your fingers that are holding it on. I have a quantum gl sport

Just checked mine and found the plates behind the carpet just as you described - photos attached.
The Bushtec manual I attached appears to be for 2006 & newer trailers - which explains why the VIN / manufacturer certification label location information listed in it doesn't match up to what we have on the older models.

byoung85 - they are probably in same location on the 2002
After looking at the Transport Canada / RIV import requirements for trailers, I believe the info on the labels shown will be the all you need

- RIV states that vehicles / trailers more 15 years old (manufactured before 2007) and/or trailers with GVWR less than 4536 kg (10,000 lbs) are admissible

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
002 Bushtec Quantum Sport

Thanks for the replies
I forwarded the info to the seller, hopefully he can find the info. However the way this winter is going, It'll be June before the weather is nice enough to ride down and pick it up.
Thanks
Rob :thumbup: :yes1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
@kampinguru - Thanks for the tip on where to find the plates. They're right where you left 'em.
@byoung85 - I'll send the pictures for confirmation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts