GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to the realization I need to either get a trike or quit riding. Progressive weakness in my left leg makes riding with a passenger harder each week. As such, I'm selling my '02 non-abs GL1800.

69K on the clock. 2K on the front tire and a new one on a wheel for the rear off a '17 that was triked when new. 0 miles on that one. More chrome than I can describe. Bright yellow with black highlights and checker boarding. This is a unique looking bike and I'm also tired of people wanting to buy it when I didn't want to sell it. It has a hitch but I don't tow with it. trailer wiring too. I change the oil with Hondaline oil yearly regardless of how many miles i put on in a year. Besides the new tire and wheel, I have a shorty windshield to go with it.

It does have a couple of warts. A couple of cracks in the tupperware and some worn chrome on the handle bars. It currently has a leaking fork seal on the L. fork. The dealer says two weeks minimum to get to it so I may pull the forks and put seals in myself. If you want to do that yourself, the price can be adjusted. If you have a trike and want a bike instead, I'll consider trading with some cash thrown in too. I don't want anything too expensive as I don't know how long I can ride.

You can PM me here, e-mail to [email protected] or call 812-four two three-2142 evenings before 9 Central time.

Pictures with the tall windshield are new. The ones with the shorty are when I bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original owner called me the other day about my bike. It seems the reason I can't find the rear foot road pegs anywhere is they are custom made. His son is a tool and die maker. All the paint work is custom too. What I thought were decals are actually hand painted. Gonna check with some dealers about trading it in on a trike.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My knee gave out the other day and I went down. No damage to the bike but I'll be trading it in sometime in the next couple of weeks. New price is $6000, as is, where is. It could use a good detailing and I haven't changed the oil yet this year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trikes seem to be scarce around here at the dealers. Still have my bike for sale.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to have surgery Monday so the bike may be mothballed for the near future. It seems bikes just aren't selling around here regardless of make.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I just sold my ‘02 ABS for $8k. Loved that bike but love ❤ my 2018 DCT even more! Good luck with your sale!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts