GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
A local guy is selling his GL1800 with around 30k miles on it. Im a total noob when it comes to Goldwings. Ive mostly ridden Harleys. He is only asking $4800 . As far as i can tell its very well taken of. He just had it serviced and put a new windshield on it. Also it has had the frame inspected for any cracks. I'm just wondering if i should pull the trigger and get the bike. Thanks again for in for any info or opinions.
Absolutely! I just sold an 02 with 111k on it and believe it would go on forever. I bought it with 30k and no problems. These bikes are awesome. Go for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Trust your gut, trust your friend, and trust those who are giving you great advice here. You'll know if it's right.

I recently bought an 02 GW w/ABS, 37K miles, from the original owner. I knew that the brake recall wasn't done and my first ride was straight to the dealer for that fix. They're also doing new brake pads, air filter, and inspection.

Seems to me you're getting a great buy and the money you save from the purchase, can go to any leftover maintenance or additional farkles.

Where else can you get this kind of machine for under $6000? ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I ride an 02 that I bought 6 years ago with 38k on it and no ABS. I've ridden it reliably for almost 100k more miles and won't be replacing it any time soon. Only issue so far was a starter relay and left fork seal. I haul trailers and the bike is loaded at all times for whatever flips my trigger. Make sure recalls are done and it runs, shifts, sounds and looks good and for $4800 I'd buy it again! Of course you'll want to check expendables and fluids, tires and brake pads and look for leaks, but 30k miles tells me its just broke in. Newer Wings have a lot tech built it but most can be added after market if desired; if you're tech handy its your play ground.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts