GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale! my 2002 gl1800. deer strike victim. see pics. i didnt go down. the good and bad about the bike, first the bad,the

whole front fairing needs to be replaced. the headlight adjusting panel and all of the electrics are gone. from the headlights

down missing. front fender gone. forks bent. radiator and hoses on the left side damaged. the rear right saddle door is

scratched.not all of the lights in the trim work.weather worn aftermarket passenger backrest.

the good, new tires less then 200 miles on them. metz. two tone powder coated rims. heated grips/honda line.i have many of the

orignal parts that came of during the add ons. front cowl foot pegs. floor boards.trim pices that where replaced with chrome.
saddle bag liners/or matts wing gear organizer for the trunk.i have L.E.D. lights for lighting up the inside of the trunk and saddle bags. it only has 81,653 miles on it. the front and rear suspension had been rebuilt by traxxion. the rear shock is good but needs rebuilding. the front forks have the ak20 cartridges but are bent enough that im not sure they would be re-usable.

the title is clean and this was not worth reporting to the ins co. because i only had liability coverage.
i would like to get 2,500 for it anyone wantit or have any sugestions as to what i should sell it for if this price is wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's definitely worth $2500 for the wheels/tires, tranny, engine and myriad other back-end parts. I'd pay that if I were local.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
You should part it out - you will make a lot more money. Let me know if you want to do this as I want some of the things, but have no need for a nearly complete bike.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
i would like to get 2,500 for it anyone wantit or have any sugestions as to what i should sell it for if this price is wrong?
I don't know about your price, but I will tell you that my '03 illusion blue also hit an animal and had similar damage except the radiators weren't touched and the forks/front fender were fine. I had comprehensive coverage, and the bike was totaled. Insur company gave me $11,000 and said I can buy the bike back from them for $4,000. I declined. My bike had 140,000 miles on it. Maybe your price is a little low? Especially since yours will most likely transfer with a clean title, my title would have been marked as "salvage".

My bike was picked up yesterday by the insurance company <tear>.....:cry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks every one. my problem is time. its not like i take it apart today and it sells tomorrow. and im starting to get into a crunch.so i might have to pay the price for timing and convenience. but not sure if someone wont apy close to this asking then ill part it out

·
Registered
103 Posts
Part it out

I did one, made about 2500 in a couple of week. You will sell everything , it's a lot of trips to the post office tho. First thing that will go is the wheels. The title alone is worth 5 to 600 I bet. Good luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was in the market for an engine a couple of weeks ago and did find a 01 in Cleveland at a golwing only salvage dealer......I called and talked with him and he wanted $3800.00 for the engine. A 01 is not the same as an 07. insurance is rebuilding mine. $6666.15.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.