GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the stealer the other day to order a couple things. Parts guy asked me what I ride... I tell him "it's a 2003 Wing" and he asks "is that a 1500 or an 1800?" I said "1500? ... since when did Honda make a 1500cc Wing in 2003?" ... so, he showed me on the 'puter when he punched in 2003 Goldwing, his next selection was 1500 engine or 1800 engine.

Anyone know of a 1500cc Goldwing in 2003 ???

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nope.. what you see there is a software programmer getting lazy.

It should correctly give you only the engine sizes that were available for each model year, but good help is hard to find.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It should correctly give you only the engine sizes that were available for each model year, but good help is hard to find.
Well, evidently the parts guy sure believes in the computer LOL coz he said that if Honda's computer shows it, then there is one LMAO!

btw, one of the things I do for a living is software programming.

·
Registered
754 Posts
WELL IT MIGHT BE SHOWING A 1500cc but not in a Goldwing but a Valkyrie--- 2003
was the last year for them but still a goldwing engine

·
Registered
250 Posts

FYI, the programmer creates a system for storing and displaying the parts...they wouldn't actually enter the vehicles and parts information.

Someone other than a programmer would enter the parts. The programmer may be long gone while data entry people can keep this year's parts up to date.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
2003 GL 1500 C, 2003 GL1500 CD = Valkyrie
2003 GL1800, 2003 GL1800 A = Gold Wing

Parts listing in computor shows GL's, doesn't say Valkyrie or Gold Wing. So the Parts guy probably doesn't know much about the actual bikes.:roll:

S

·
0 Posts
The guy had a computer? Pretty awesome, wish I knew how to run one :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Several years back I was on a trip on my 92 Gold Wing, the brushes on my alternator went bad, bike stopped charging, I went to a Honda shop to have them replaced and I was told by the parts guy and service manager that my 1500 DID NOT have an alternator, it had a stator and!! Makes you wonder how these guys got a job in a motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Several years back I was on a trip on my 92 Gold Wing, the brushes on my alternator went bad, bike stopped charging, I went to a Honda shop to have them replaced and I was told by the parts guy and service manager that my 1500 DID NOT have an alternator, it had a stator and!! Makes you wonder how these guys got a job in a motorcycle shop.
Craigslist.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I don't buy many of my parts in Canada either. Stopped by the local dealer to get a filter for my Wing, parts guy says that the filter is 20.39 plus tax. WOW, last filter I will buy in Canada(although after I complained he dropped the price to 16.99 +tax). The same part is $10 or so on the online order places.

The only part that is cheaper in Canada was the right side chrome engine cover(it was 80 something dollars).

You actually buy parts in Canada????

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't buy many of my parts in Canada either. Stopped by the local dealer to get a filter for my Wing, parts guy says that the filter is 20.39 plus tax. WOW, last filter I will buy in Canada(although after I complained he dropped the price to 16.99 +tax). The same part is $10 or so on the online order places.

The only part that is cheaper in Canada was the right side chrome engine cover(it was 80 something dollars).
You actually buy a Honda filter?

(just razzin ... thought I'd get that in before ccsailor did LOL) ... I buy either NAPA or Purolator filters for my scoots.... and yes, I buy them locally.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2003 GL 1500 C, 2003 GL1500 CD = Valkyrie
2003 GL1800, 2003 GL1800 A = Gold Wing

Parts listing in computor shows GL's, doesn't say Valkyrie or Gold Wing. So the Parts guy probably doesn't know much about the actual bikes.:roll:
Exactly what I figgured although I didn't know for sure if the Valk was listed as a "GL"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts