GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday i bought a 2003 GL 1800A. and i have been looking to try to find out what is the Horsepower and torque specs for this wonderful Motorcycle??? any Help ??? according to Motorcyclist mag, it is 105 hp and 109 tq. But the dealer told me it is 80 hp and 80 tq ? so who is right ?

Mike

·
Registered
137 Posts
Subtle differences...

... in HP/TQ will be found between any two otherwise identical bikes, especially when some mileage has been accumulated. In truth, too many other variables will impact the results, as well.

The factory published 118 HP & 125 TQ as readings taken at the flywheel/output shaft. You can assume a certain amount of drive train loss (8-15%) as power is finally delivered to the rear wheel. So, estimate conservatively a 10% loss, and your rear wheel numbers are in the vicinity of 106 HP & 112 TQ.

That dealer should have been better informed... :roll:

·
Registered
324 Posts
One of the sales folks at the dealership where I bought my '04 said the HP went up in '04. A friend said there was no change ... rather they just "restated" the HP more accurately. So who is right and is there any difference between '03 and '04??? :roll:

·
Registered
533 Posts
HP @ rear wheel = 97.4 per Motorcycle Consumer News. I think the 118hp is the right number @ flywheel.

My question is, what is the real HP potential of this engine....its got to be 130 to 150.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts