Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum. Unfortunately it is to sell my Gold Wing. Hard to do, but I need to. Health considerations. My brother gifted this bike to me almost 3 years ago so we could ride together in our advancing years. And we have. Great memories.

He was the original owner and maintained the bike perfectly. Something I have continued.

It is in absolute mint condition. 67,000 miles. New Dunlop tires. Lots of chrome, flashing brake lights. I am asking $9,000

Located in Nashville TN 615 496 3278

I've loaded a few pictures. Happy to provide more if requested.

Thanks for your time. Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Seems I've priced this rather optimistically. The local dealer had suggested I ask between 8500 and 10000. Maybe that's what he would ask, I don't know what his thinking was. Now that I've really looked at the market and demand I need to re-price this.

If there is any interest out there. I would look pretty seriously at $6,000 . I've been advised that may even be a bit high. I think much lower than that I'd rather pass it on to family.

Great bike ya'll!

Not an expert on Gold wings like so many of you, but I have learned this is a GL18003. Can someone explain what the 3 means please?

Thanks again for your time.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Bump. Seems I've priced this rather optimistically. The local dealer had suggested I ask between 8500 and 10000. Maybe that's what he would ask, I don't know what his thinking was. Now that I've really looked at the market and demand I need to re-price this.

If there is any interest out there. I would look pretty seriously at $6,000 . I've been advised that may even be a bit high. I think much lower than that I'd rather pass it on to family.

Great bike ya'll!

Not an expert on Gold wings like so many of you, but I have learned this is a GL18003. Can someone explain what the 3 means please?

Thanks again for your time.
FWIW...............don't be too hasty letting the bike go for too little money. Your asking price is more than reasonable especially if it's in the condition you say it is.
67K on a Goldwing is very, very low mileage. TRUST ME on this ..................... there is absolutely a buyer out there for this bike. No question. 100 %.

Maybe not on this site, but, the buyer is out there.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Maybe it’s the model year ... just guessing. Or maybe it’s the trim level ... guessing again.

If you really want to sell it, try cycletrader or eBay. If you use eBay, list it for the minimum you’d let it go for and see if it gets bid up. If there are no bids, chances are it’s priced above market.

This is a bad time of year to try to sell.

MidState Motorsports in Cookeville, and a few others around Middle Tennessee will buy such bikes to resell. My experience is that you might get $3000, and then they’ll offer it for $5000, but accept $4000.

It’s a pretty bike, but very long in the tooth, and anyone who would buy it would wonder how reliable it would be if used for its intended purpose, ie long trips.

Reactions: Wild Turkey

·
Registered
466 Posts
KBB has the trade value at about $4500 and the dealer listing price at about $7250.

The idea that 67000 miles is nothing is wishful thinking. 67000 miles may not have worn out the engine yet, and maybe it can go 135000 more without major repairs ... but those are big maybes on a 17 year old 2 wheel vehicle.

You will have a better chance of getting $6k plus on the Spring market.

Sun sells, and if we have a nice spring, and if the economy is still strong, maybe you can get $6500ish in a private sale.

Cycle trader and eBay are both still good options. The guys here are all looking for a deal, and even then, on a later model year as a rule.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Do not know what GL18003 is but there were only two choices in 2003, with or without ABS.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Just as a reference point for you, I sold my 2003 with ABS, CB, Mic-O-Pegs, RDL, Garmin and a bunch of other suspension upgrades both front and rear for $5000 and that was two years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.