GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a low mileage bike (33,000+) miles. I live in Hong Kong and have not really ridden the bike for last 5 years. It needs battery, tune up and repair of heel and toe shifter. Has a matching trailer with cooler. Bike in good shape but needs owner who will ride and take care of the bike.

Sold as a package deal for $3,800.00
Located in Westlake Village Ca

Phone number 435-668-4901
email [email protected]

will be in country until late September 2018.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great deal you have there. Should sell really fast especially with trailer as part of package.

Darkside #1668
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
What year is the trailer? How long has it been sitting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Email sent.

·
Registered
8,799 Posts
1 post since 2004....flag
Hurricane UT...flag
Bike in Ca....flag
NADA Blue Book $6500, without trailer... Asking $3800 for both...flag
Buyer Beware...:serious:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Well, we’ll find out Wednesday... flying out to see it and seal the deal...

:thumbup:

Reactions: michael2480

·
Registered
548 Posts

WOW! Keep us posted you may have found the deal of the century?

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
It's very possible it's a great deal and you just have a buyer that has moved around a bit and is selling low because they are living abroad and need to get it sold before they return. It's also very possible it's a scam.

Only way to really know is to do what you are doing and go check it out. One word of advice. Make sure you run the VIN on a title search site before you trade any money. Then check the title against the VIN on the bike and against the number you ran.

If the title is clean and matches the VIN and the deal is in person and in cash after you've checked out the bike for mechanical condition and function, I don't see how you can get too burned. At worst, the bike has non-disclosed issues that you'll discover later, but if it runs and drives and shifts through all the gears, it's probably a decent deal at that price.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

T O is in my back yard. Feel free to contact me while your out here if you wish.
There are a couple other Gl1800's available out here on Craigs list.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

Well...we found out.

Deal of the year!

Though I had another ride lined up, the seller insisted on driving across LA to pick me up and take me to his house. Had a horrible 10 minutes when he went silent on me as he was texting me he was at the doors I was! No ride, no car, no text, no answer.... heart attack! My brain was screaming... he’s playing with you, ALL THE WAY FROM NIGERIA!!!!

Then he pulled up in the black Jag convertable he described...

Bike was not exactly as advertised. It was not advertised as ABS, but is, no CD or CB mentioned, it has both. Advertised as 33k, when we were doing the paperwork, I turned on the key to get the miles...19433!! Tires are near new tread, but 5 years old, but stored inside an air conditioned garage, off the floor, and have no signs of checking... jury still out on them...

This purchase was not a blind stab in the dark. The seller has been straight forward, been willing to respond to specific requests, answered every question, and acted more than once in a way that would let me OFF the hook, not pressure me into a deal. The specific pictures requested (bike VIN#) were supplied as well as the pic of the trailer title that I didn’t ask for... a small deposit was offered to seal the deal and block other offers, and he accepted that. (At a lower dollar level than I suggested) Google searches confirm information given and any questions raised had very appropriate responses. I ran an online car fax and it came up with information that verified everything I’d been told.

It could have easily been a scam, and I was prepared to come on here and let you all know it was if I had been taken as the fool. Not this time...

Happy Camper here!! More pics tomorrow...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

P.S. Thanks, David if you are reading this, our conversation on the drive today was delightful!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Thanks all for the advice and concern! It was all good!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.