GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do U think Honda will be bring out a 2004 1/2 instead of waiting for 05 to bring out the New improved model with Radiators mounted like they should have been to begin with.The reason I asked is because I owner a 96 1/2 1500 now.Which vin# show up as a 1997.Just wondering.Have a Happy & Safe New Year. 8)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Nope, they would have to finish with the 04 model first, retool, and then go into production. I do not think this is likely to happen. That would kill 04 sales, swamp dealers with left over inventory. And last but most importantly, they would be admitting publicly that the had a less than 100% product for sale for many years.

It is my guess, that they want the 04 model to be trouble free, and move back up the confidence in Honda GL 1800 ladder.

This is all guessing on my part.

Bulldog

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
Nope , I doubt they will be drastically changing the cooling system in 2005 either. Yes they did have some cooling system problems and those problems have been resolved. I don't expect to see major changes untill they introduce a new goldwing and doubt that will be in less than 10 years unless some other manufacturer manages to introduce a new highly competitive model. Look back at the 1500, a great bike for 13 years with lots of minnor improvements along the way. JMO

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The NHTSA report only indicated that HAM may possably make a change in MY 05.

There was no commitment to make any changes only a response to Japan that the earliest possable redesign would be considered for that Year Model with no indication that they would actually do so.

As long as there are no complaints or at least a mimimal number they are unlikely to make any change in the overall design. It all falls back on saving face and a reluctance to admit there is any problem with their design.

Kinda like their response to the broken frames that "It's Not A Safety Issue" which goes along with their mantra "It Was Never Designed To Be Ridden At Low Speeds". After all ---- Honda Is Right, It really wasn't designed to be ridden at low speeds!

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
wingham1800 said:
Do U think Honda will be bring out a 2004 1/2 instead of waiting for 05 to bring out the New improved model with Radiators mounted like they should have been to begin with. 8)

Ok I just bought a NEW 2003, what about the radiators do I need to know here?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ok I just bought a NEW 2003, what about the radiators do I need to know here?
This is something that goes back to the overheating issues, those are pretty much taken care of now. Honda has indicated that they might change the position of the radiators in the 05 models to improve cooling, they things they have done seem to be working well, so that may, or may not happen.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Javern,

Ride your bike like you stoled it. Put plenty of (S)miles on it. And worry more about where you want to go, than the bike.

Buy the extended Warranty from HDL, they are on sale right now. And don't give the radiators a second thought.

Bulldog

·
Registered
177 Posts
041/2

CycleDude
They did nothing with that bandaid with the ECM, all it did was to make
longer to get there, I had mine done went up Kings Canyon and Seqouia it went all the way to the red but didn't get over the line.ITS still TO HOT. :evil:
roger/orangestreak

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Roger - take it back and tell them to do it right! Several folks seem to have gotten hold of a bad harness (at least that's what I've been told). And if they didn't get the right amount of fluid back in the radiator, that will cause problems, too. Shooter is having trouble with his, but mine runs better than ever after the ECM upgrade. Yeah, I know, bully for me. Don't just gripe about it - make your dealer work for his money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts