GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
looking to get a general idea of what this bike is worth....

2004 GW with ABS, titanium color, 3 yr. extended warr., never been down, always stored inside, 1 owner.
A few add on's. Lower cowl lights, **** o Pegs, Utopia back rest, chrome trunk lid rack, rear speakers.

As we approach the spring selling season, what does everyone think the bikes worth? Buying from a private owner...

If you want to put in a low end/high end price feel free.

Thanks everyone.
Be good, Jim

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Re: No one???

jim w said:
Hmmmmm...

16 views and no one has posted?????

Be good, Jim
Try KBB or NADA for a idea of price.

Down here it might go for $12-13k. Different prices in different areas. You didn't say how many miles and what extended warranty. Is it a Honda warranty or a aftermarket? Don't see many "3" year ext warranties unless it is aftermarket.

As we approach the spring selling season, what does everyone think the bikes worth?
LMAO... Are you dreaming? Winter hasn't even started for you guys has it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...

Thanks everyone.

Red, the mileage was in the topic header.....3,500 miles. I should of put it in with the bikes info. Sorry about that.

Also, the 3 yr. warr. is from Honda.

Rather than going by a price guide, I was hoping to get more of a real world price.

Since the bike has such low miles and only a few ad on's (as oposed to being loaded up with misc. ad on's, murals or pin striping that the owner himself might only want) how would that affect the price of the bike against what the price guides show????

E-bay "completed listings" are a bit weird....The prices seem to range from way too cheap to way to much???

Thanks guy's....

Be good, Jim

G

·
Jim , extra add on's rarely add much in terms of real resale value , cb is probably the biggest . It's the old story of how much YOUR willing to pay, or how bad you want THAT bike . I still stand by my original estimate, I have been looking seriously at Wing pricing for the past two months .

Good luck :)

G

·
Another factor is do you need to sell it or just want to sell it and move on to something else? If it's paid for and it can just sit in the barn till spring when you can get top dollar for it then, as they say, it don't eat no hay.

And it sounds like a VERY nice bike and if it belonged to me I most certainly wouldn't let it go cheap. But if circumstances dictated otherwise and I had to "dump" it I would in a heartbeat and not look back. However, there are plenty of people out there looking for nice low mileage GL1800's and there are not many out there. (Unlike the hundreds and hundreds of 04, 05 and 06 Harleys with next to no miles on them). But those guys don't give them away, that's for sure!

I talked to a fellow GWRRA member (GL1500 owner) who had recently purchased a 02 BMW 1200LT! He told me he looked and looked for a really nice used low mileage GL1800 for a reasonable price and was willing to travel a LONG distance to get it. He said he was just unable to find the right bike at his price.

I didn't ask him what he was willing to pay for a GL1800 but I saw a LOADED (everything) 02 1200LT's with low miles in near perfect condition at our local BMW dealer for a around 10K.

My point is the LT, 1800 and Harley are all good bikes. (I know some will disagree but they are all good motorcycles and start life at around the same MSRP. But for some reason the 1200LT value has dropped MUCH more (at least around here) than a Glide or Wing.

One reason may be the guy SELLING his Glide or Wing thinks enough of his bike that he just doesn’t think he SHOULD "give" it away when he sells it and enters the whole selling "arena" with that state of mind.

One bike that comes to mind is a GL1800 that was advertised in this board a few weeks ago. The person said something like this in his ad: "Don't embarrass me or yourself by asking me if I'll take less money for a cash price, because I won't." That wasn’t an original statement because I've seen it in classified ads in the past, but it did say to any prospective buyer that the guy thought highly of his motorcycle and felt he had priced it fairly.

And I think it sold quickly, at HIS price. And I can't remember if it had ABS, which would have made it all the more desirable and valuable.

All this advise and BS plus $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee, but best of luck in selling your bike and I hope you get $14,600. !!!

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I paid $15,500 for my 04ABS with 5500 miles and $5800.00 in accessories, it was the one for me. Buy what you want and never look back. Good Luck!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Re: No one???

jim w said:
Hmmmmm...

16 views and no one has posted?????

Be good, Jim
Hi Jim,
Up over 290 views with 9 posts, seems about normal.

I look at anything on this board price related for the Wing and wouldn't normally have posted, but you goaded me into it.

I really, reallly, reallllly (did I mention realllllly) want an 1800 Wing with ABS, and have been researching (and looking) since last January. I found a new blue '05 ABS for $15,something in March locally, but just couldn't pull the trigger because the wifey got her new truck January 30th.

Unfortunately, it's a year later and the new wings with ABS are $20k and many of the used wings with ABS (some with 30k+ miles) are running more than the new one I should have purchased a year ago. And yes, I know the Goldwing's aren't really even broke in till about 50k.

I tend to buy my vehicles used because I don't like to take the initial depreciation that happens when you leave the dealer. It's also cheaper for me because I run my cars till the wheels fall off (literally in one case). With the 1800 Wing, there doesn't seem to be much early depreciation. I would never want someone to sell their "Baby" for less than they feel it is worth, but I just can't get over the idea of spending more for a 2 - 4 year old used bike than I should have paid for the one I let get away. At this point, the pricing of the used market has me leaning toward buying new.

Anyway, with your low miles and add-ons, I'd guess based on the sales I've seen that you should get about $14k (give or take a grand).

Good luck with the sale and hopefully you won't get seller's remorse. Sounds like a couple of forum members have been bit pretty hard by it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might be time for a ride????

Well, here in UpstateNY,

we are are about to have a record warmest winter ever.
I have friends in Fl. that I am tempeted to ride down and visit...

Someone buy this bike bike

$14,000.....before I go for a long ride....

Be good, Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts