GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,
This is sort of tough to write. I just joined the site a few weeks back. Almost immediately found the perfect Goldwing, which has been a dream to me for a very long time. And why I didn't do it sooner is beyond me. All summer I have scoured every dealership within 5 hrs of me, and have looked at hundreds of other bikes in that time. I ended up purchasing this bike from a private individual, and this is hands down the nicest kept, cleanest, prettiest Goldwing I saw in all that time. Simply amazing is the only way to put it.

The other day I put a post on looking for a GPS. 20 minutes after posting, I found out I have a disease that some day will kill me, hopefully not immediately, but it's changed a lot of my plans around. I have my 1st surgery September 9th. Even if things go as perfect as possible, be mid next summer before I can ride again. Right now, my very first Priority is to get my wife moved into a new home in town. A lot has to happen before all that. That is the reason I'm listing this bike. I'm a very private person, but I mention all this so if you're interested you don't put it off.

This bike has less than 25,000 miles. I think it's around 24,300 or so without looking. I've only put 3-400 miles on it and it's been the best 3-400 I've ever ridden.

I am asking what I paid $7600. I paid cash and that's how I'd like to be paid. If this doesn't work out for anyone I'll store it away though I hate to do that, or I may give it to my brother.

One other thing. It had a clear title when I bought it. I paid cash so it's still clear. But...The super slow and inefficient State of Illinois takes 3-8 weeks to get a title transferred. I'm two wks into that I think. Taxes have been paid on it. I'd of course give a detailed receipt explaining everything, and either myself or my wife will forward the new title the same day it gets to us. Kind of a pain but you know what, this bike is worth every ounce of extra effort.

Sorry for all this longwinded stuff, let me know if you're interested, you won't be wasting your time. 815-747-2613 Bike is located in extreme NW IL 61025.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that Rob.lafady...Regarding the sale, if it happens cool, if not I have one heck of a wonderful garage ornament for awhile! Regarding the recovery I'm about as optimistic as they come so if a good outlook has anything to do with it I'll live forever :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts