GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Great pictures Steve. Thank you for sharing them with us. Looks like things got a little damp. It don't look like it spoiled the wonderful time though. One of these years, I hope to be able to make it too.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
:lol: Kuddo's to Steve for getting so many great people together for a fantastic weekend, Next year will be even better, nice to be able to put a real face with a handle.

Ride safe hope to see many of you again at WING DING in Grapevine in July.

Michael Wood

AKA "MudBug"
Black 03-THE FASTEST AND THE BEST COLOR

·
Registered
73 Posts
Steve "Thanks a million" for everything you did for the Marble Falls Gathering. I know you put in a lot of time and effort in getting this together. I had such a great time meeting you and all the gang that I hardly even noticed the weather. I made some great new friends that I never would have meet if it wasn't for you. Thanks again for all you did!
:s27: :bow: :eek:w1:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had a great time!!!!!!!!,Beautiful rides around there,also. Even with some of the rain,still passed a good time. Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice Pics Steve

But all I want to know is "What in the Hell is Blue Trawler doing to my bike? Is he confused, and thinking it is his, trying to fit the key in the ignition?????????". Just kiddin' Bruce.

:coffee1:

Jerry

I had a ball. Over 2,000 miles on the trip. Lookin' forward to Arkansas.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Steve, thanks to you, your wife and everyone who made our first gathering great!
I really enjoyed meeting the group. I know there were many there that I never got to shake hands with.
WHAT RAIN!!
It barely sprinkled and sure never slowed things down.
We logged 965 miles on this, our very first, distance ride. We camped two nights and stayed at the Hampton 2 nights.
I feel that I made some great friends and was able to put some faces to some names.
Thanks again.

mike and janice coco
Paris, Texas

·
Registered
65 Posts
Steve thanks to you and your better half for the wonderful time and the great ideas for rides . We camped three nights and only had rain sunday morning. We had a safe trip home and are planning another ride for next month to Burnet with GWTA . Thanks again from Winnsboro Tx :lol:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks Steve for putting this event on.. I had a blast.....It was really neat meeting all the people from the board. Thanks to Shooter, Bryan and the others for letting my son and me hang around u all. I have pics from the ride on friday ( at a look out) and some with those who went with us to Luchenback (sp)...email me with your address and i will send a copy to u.

bruce aka " the blue trawler"

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Thanks for the get together Steve and all the others who helped put on the TX Gathering. :D

We made it home with just under 2,000 miles on the bike with Rusty, Peaches and Misty in the hack.
The KwikKamp trailer pulled just fine on the great Farm to Market roads in TX.

Colorado could learn something about how to build roads from TX. :wink:

While our MPG wasn't too good it wasn't all that bad considering the winds going down, 20 to 24 mpg. The trip back gave us a little more range per tank with 27 to 30 MPG which isn't all that bad for a 5 wheel rig. 8)

One thing I learned is that the the TX drivers are easier to get along with than the run of the mill idiots in cages here in CO. They made plenty of allowances for our rig and didn't ride our tail like the cage drives do here. Plus having the dogs along helped strike up a lot of conversations with folks along the way. One couple in a local resturant helped us plan our routes on the FM's and it helped make for a very enjoyable trip. Then there was the local Sheriff that just had to check out the rig and the Cattle Dogs, he was impressed. :)

Jerry

ps Thanks to all the sponsors too!!
There were too many for me to remember them all but I do remember that Tulsa was one and no I'm not gonna put that pan on my belly. :wink:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Looks like everyone was having a great time, but I need to know. Did you ever ride anyplace or was just getting there the ride?
Sure did like the looks of the Silver Wing with the Hannigan trailer, sure wish there had been a little better picture of that rig.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts